Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Speed Stage 3 Cold Air Intake installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Speed Stage 3 Cold Air Intake installed!

Well I got it today (super fast shipping Kyle!), and installed it today! Not a very difficult install. The only problem I had was with the air filter hitting up against the foglight, but you can adjust the pipes at the clamps and sort of angle it more towards the bumper. The pipes do bounce around a little, but if you can get some type of foam padding to put around the hole where the old resonator was, it should be fine.

The sound? It's a bit louder than with the stock airbox/resonator removed, sounds awesome at WOT. Here's some pics:

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Lookin good.. hopefully mine will be here soon!!!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

thats a torx bit to take off the MAF right... do u remember what size?

Comment

It was 5/32
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I got mine today, too! I'll install her tommorow
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Thank yah much!!! Definatly looks good tho, Im stoked to get mine!!

Comment

what the heck is a resonator?? i thought that to add a cold air intake all you would need to remove is that air box??
              G6 GT COUPE

Comment

Can't wait to get my Doctor Speed CAI! Oh yeah, I did win one, Oooops!
                2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                Forge Motorsports BPV
                CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Hey man, Can you get some video.. Im dying to find out what the motor sounds like at WOT with a less restrictive intake
                  Supra MKIV - T72, Fuel, Race intake mani, Greddy 4 row, nitrous, cam gears, and AEM EMS

Comment

Originally posted by slickdesi
                    what the heck is a resonator?? i thought that to add a cold air intake all you would need to remove is that air box??
                    yes, but the airbox has a resonator attached to it...well, rather the resonator is attached to the car, you need to remove it. But once you have the airbox out it's easy to do.

As for a video, I don't have a camcorder or anything to record sound for that matter sorry.
                    -Mike #1

Comment

DAMN I was hoping my stage 3 would be here today but no luck
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I'm way over in Florida so shipping to AZ take a day or two longer than NJ.
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

OH MY GOD!! Okay, so I just installed the stage 3 intake and I can NOT belive how much of an increase there is in EVERYTHING. the thing pulls like a train, you can here it suckin air and the whistle is sweet! If you are in 2nd and you tap it into first, the rev's are like BAM up and falls!! The butt dyno is saying 10-15hp (mind you, I have exhaust). DEFINETLY worth the $$$!

Here's a coupl etips for install. To get that HUGE honkin' air chamber restrictor 3 lb plastic gizmo out from under the bumper.. remove the one large bolt in the wheel well at 2:00, these remove the screw that holds on the bumper and you can pull the entire side of teh bumper away with plenty of room to spare to pull out the resonator. I also used some 1/4" vac hose that I split and glued to the edge of teh hole where the pipe will vibrate. It's rainig like fudge outside and it's windy, I'll get pics in the daylight.
                          Kyle.. YOU ARE THE MF'ing MAN! Whoever does not pick this up..they are totally missing out!
                          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

good stuff :smoke:
                            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

so do you all think the cold air box with sounds/perform just as good?

Comment

Working...
                              X