Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006-2007 G6 Coupe recall(Sunroof Problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006-2007 G6 Coupe recall(Sunroof Problem)

I just received a recall notice for my 06 GTP coupe for possible fix of a leak in the single panel sun roof due to improper routing of a drainage pipe.
    Has anyone else received such a notice (I imagine so) and is this a general problem?
    Will have the situation checked the next time in to the dealer but having them remove the headliner and fiddle around makes me nervous; dealers have a grand reputation for creating problems when they try to fix others.
    GTP driver
    G. Stephen Day

Wow it's about time. This is a very common problem that people have had since the coupe debuted, but you are the first to report that you got a recall letter I believe.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Woot! A recall, finally!

I wasn't expecting them to do this, but I'm really glad. I'll call my dealership about it tomorrow morning.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

WOW!! finally good grief haha im gonna get that fixed asap, even though it hasn't really caused me a problem yet

PS I edited your title to say "seatbelt problem".. As I first saw it, it scared me a little seeing RECALL.. like my car was dangerous or something. Just a bit of advice I guess, you dont want a scared monica

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Yeah.. I just received a letter about the recall.. But it says I need to bring my car in before February 29th. That's odd. It's not a leap year, so I guess I have a while!
          Current Mods: Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI and GT-R Exhaust. Tune Time TUNE! 6000 K HIDs, MPD Hood.

Originally posted by GTPprix
          My sister's cousin's niece who married a guy who delivers paper towels to a guy who knows a girl whose brother is a cabinet member for nObama said that GM just imploded 20 minutes ago.

Comment

thank God they finally came out with this. I haven't had any problems with mine personally but in case something ever does happen I don't have to worry about taking it in to the dealer!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

so all coupes that have a sunroof should be recieving this letter correct? mine is going in the shop again supposedly, might as well have them do this as well.

interesting... my gm owners center online says, "No new recalls"
              -Lucy-
              2006 Silver Gt Coupe
              3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
              sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

got my car back a couple days ago from getting this fixed ... hopefully it worked
                sigpic

Comment

got my letter today, will call next week about it havent had any sunroof issues, yet
                  -Lucy-
                  2006 Silver Gt Coupe
                  3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
                  sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

Just watch out, the dealership isn't always so handy at repairing this problem. I know people who've gone back multiple times because it still leaked. Mine hasn't leaked since I put the clamps on the tubing almost a year ago.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i had the dealership fix mine (wow months ago and was not charged) and then after i had mine done i told them to check the other coupes with sunroofs on the lot and sure enough they had been leaking. the dealership actually called to thank me i thought it was cool

Comment

06-07 G6 sunroof

To the person who saw that the recall must be done before Feb 29; look more carefully. It says 2008 which is a leap year.
                        Just thought you'd like to know.
                        GTPdriver
                        G. Stephen Day

Comment

Ah.. Didn't see it said 08. I figured it was either a mistake, or I had plenty of time.

I have a dumb question though: The dealer I bought from is a pretty far drive. Can I get the service done (w/o charge) at a closer Pontiac dealer? Or will they slash my tires and laugh at me?
                          Current Mods: Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI and GT-R Exhaust. Tune Time TUNE! 6000 K HIDs, MPD Hood.

Originally posted by GTPprix
                          My sister's cousin's niece who married a guy who delivers paper towels to a guy who knows a girl whose brother is a cabinet member for nObama said that GM just imploded 20 minutes ago.

Comment

Re: 2006-2007 G6 Coupe recall(Sunroof Problem)

Originally posted by GTPdriver
                            I just received a recall notice for my 06 GTP coupe for possible fix of a leak in the single panel sun roof due to improper routing of a drainage pipe.
                            Has anyone else received such a notice?
                            I received the same notice to but I haven't had any leaks so I'm just gonna wait and see if any leaks occur over the next year. The service is free until February 29, 2008 anyways.
                            2006 Fusion Orange G6 GTPOS Coupe 6MT ~ #75
                            Vision Bulbs 6000k HID Xenon low beams

Comment

Originally posted by Skotbb
                              The dealer I bought from is a pretty far drive. Can I get the service done (w/o charge) at a closer Pontiac dealer?
                              Of course you can. What would you do if you moved across the country? Drive all the way back for service. I don't think so.
                              I've had warranty work done at no charge at a few different dealerships and that's because it took a while before I found a dealership with a good service department. In my experience they have either damaged something else or they didn't fix a reported problem properly requiring multiple visits so I just go elsewhere.
                              2006 Fusion Orange G6 GTPOS Coupe 6MT ~ #75
                              Vision Bulbs 6000k HID Xenon low beams

Comment

Working...
                              X