Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rattling noise from seat belt area (pillar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling noise from seat belt area (pillar)

When I drive my car slow and easy, with the radio off, I can hear a rattle which seems to come from the driver side door pillar where the seat belt enters. It doesn't always do it. When I'm not actively tracing the sound to it's source, it's there. When i'm not trying to find it, it's there.. I'm really frustrated!!

Any ideas??? It's an 06 4 banger...

Take'er to the dealership. Make those mofos fix it!
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I know my third brake light rattles horribly and sometimes it sounds like its coming from the door.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: Rattling noise from seat belt area (pillar)

Originally posted by jamisonh
        When I drive my car slow and easy, with the radio off, I can hear a rattle which seems to come from the driver side door pillar where the seat belt enters. It doesn't always do it. When I'm not actively tracing the sound to it's source, it's there. When i'm not trying to find it, it's there.. I'm really frustrated!!

Any ideas??? It's an 06 4 banger...
        I have the same noise on my GTP but my rattle comes on my passenger side Somedays it rattles and other days it doesn't. I just ignore the problem if it gets worse then I'll get something done. I'm hoping its just a flaw I have to break in but my car already has over 2,000 miles on it

Comment

Door pillar noise

Looks like it was the armrest on the door rattling.. A good bass disc was all it needed to make it rattle : )

Comment

Working...
          X