need help with speakers wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with speakers wiring diagram

does anyone have or know where to find a wiring diagram for 2008 g6 gt coupe I have the monsoon system and my amp has been destroyed by corrosion im attempting to bypass the factory amp and run the wires directly to the speakers I know the process is a pain in the a$$ but I have the time and paintence to do it I cant find anything online for the 08 ive found the 2005-2007 diagrams are they the same?? also like I said the amp is done for good and when that happen I lost all sound from speakers my head unit still works fine and I know the speakers still work I took them out hooked them up to my home theater system and their still good so would this even solve the problem?? has anyone done this yet?

Re: need help with speakers wiring diagram

You can easily bypass the amp. It's been done in many other cars, don't see why not a G6.
    Below are the diagrams you're looking for.

Comment

Sorry kind of hard to see, Here's a cropped version to make em bigger.
      You can PM me for PDF's if you'd like.

Comment

thanks so much you don't know how annoying it is to have no sound lol and how long ive been searching for that diagram

Comment

I know how it can get haha
          Sometimes I drive without any music just for the hell of it, but lately I put in a new system and I just can't get enough music!
          So I feel your pain lol

Comment

Hey sorry to butt in the thread, but I have a quick question about the speakers, is there any way to make them louder? Right now they have to be pretty much maxed out (volume wise) to hear the music when driving the freeway. The cabin isn't loud at all, you can have a normal conversation without screaming. But you know those times you just want to put on your plaid shirt, roll down the window, and listen to country music, can't do that...

Comment

That would likely require better speakers and/or amp.

Comment

i see a lot of people that "complain" on here about the monsoon system not being loud enough or that its a bad system ive had two g6s the 06 gt sedan which sadly got totaled and then a year later got the 08 gt coupe both which had the monsoon system and besides my system not working now cuz of the amp being fried ive never had that volume issue everyone talks about usually i turn mine half way up being fully stock on both the sedan and coupe and would have to yell to the passanger to talk to them maybe its the speakers going bad? but idk really not an expert when it comes to speakers but like cruising g6 said that would probably fix your problem rep[lacing the speakers and amp if you got the money go for it

Comment

If it was the speaker, wouldn't it the bad speakers stand out from the good speakers. I'm not sure how stereo system works, but if I would find it very strange if all 6 speakers are going out at the same rate. Unless there's a computer that balances the speaker volume to the worse one so it's even all around.

The sound from them is pretty good, I'm no audio guy though. And the bass is turned a little higher than the treble, and it is bumpin'. I have no complains about how it sounds.

I kind of like it that it doesn't go loud, cause I'm not one of those guys that likes to BLAST the music, whenever I have a friend that likes to play it extremely loud, it goes pretty loud, but not a whole lot, LOL, it's a win-win for me. They ask me why it's not very loud, I just shrug and tell them I don't know... But I do want to know if this is normal or if there is a way to adjust it/fix it. From what you said G6 Gt, this seems like a common problem, but not normal.

Comment

well if its a win win for you i would just stick with the stock system but if you want it to be louder then you should go with a more powerfull amp and better speakers theirs no really other way to make it louder

Comment

I just don't think that is the root of my problem, could be wrong though. To me it seems like this isn't normal. Of course if I put a louder system, it will make the sound louder, however it seems like that is just "covering" the problem. I don't have much intentions on changing the system right now, I like the stock sound and loudness level. I was just trying to figure it out the electrical understanding behind it, why it's not as loud as it should be. I guess it's not a very clear question, sorry.

Best of luck with your project.

Comment

Working...
                      X