Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the 07 GTP coupe suspension different from the 2006 GTPs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the 07 GTP coupe suspension different from the 2006 GTPs?

Im looking to get an 07 GTP coupe. I remeber test driving a 3.9 2006 coupe with a 6MT. But I remeber that the car was excessivley floaty.

I understand there is no aftermarket for this car at this point, except springs, which drop the car too much, throws the axle angle out of whack with no struts to upgrade with. = Nightmare and no go for me.

But I gotta find a way to take care of the roll... I just haven't driven an 07 GTP yet, I figured it may have changed with the new engine and tranny.

Additionally was the 07 GTP equipped with 18 inch wheels too?
    Im trying to give myself some hope that this car I might get wont suck while turning.
    Supra MKIV - T72, Fuel, Race intake mani, Greddy 4 row, nitrous, cam gears, and AEM EMS

Can't compare the 06 with the 07, but the 07 DOES have 18". Some guys are installing struts to take care of some roll; have not found it to be objectionable on my 07 vert.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Comment

This is just my opinion, but even with the excessive body roll, these cars stick to the road pretty well.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Without the lowering springs, I didn't find the ride floaty at all. There was a bit more body roll than I would like, but the overall ride was firm and fairly, well controlled.
        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
        Forge Motorsports BPV
        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I can see how you think it's floaty, but it's not that bad and it does stick to the road pretty good like mentioned. I wish they used solid sway bars, there is some body roll but it's pretty good for stock actually.

Comment

BODY ROLL

Dear Beau,
            The suspension for the 07 coupe and the 06 has not changed very much, the brakes have be beefed up a little but the most of it has transfered over from 05-07. Here is something for everyone. Working in the dealership I noticed that chevy malibu's (SS) have a strut cross tower.
            Note this is a GM performance part and is listed in the parts catalog.
            the malibu is the same Z-Body as the G6 and the bar bolts right-up (even with a m-6 trans). I applied one to my 06 G6 GTP and tested it on the road
            and I found the floating/hop found in the frontend while turning sharp into a turn, on or off the gas is no longer present. Here is the GM part # 15286584. This also offers a emblem # 25769543 it is a GM performance
            emblem (brushed alum.) I hope this helps you out some?
            Here we......GO! 06 G6 GTP M6 coupe, performance package.(Fully loaded for 06). stealth gray metallic or 59U - GRANITE METALLIC. GM Peformance strut bar, Hammer Head Spoiler, GM Body Kit, Chrome Lower Grille Inserts, MSD Dash Hawk, Head Light Eye Lids, HID Conversion-10,000K. ZEX Nitrous Kit 75 Shot-Wet. (New Add On!)

If I had something smart to say, I would be smart enough not too!

Comment

The body designation for the Malibu and G6 is Epsilon, not Z-body.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Re: BODY ROLL

Originally posted by BIG ISH
                Dear Beau,
                The suspension for the 07 coupe and the 06 has not changed very much, the brakes have be beefed up a little but the most of it has transfered over from 05-07. Here is something for everyone. Working in the dealership I noticed that chevy malibu's (SS) have a strut cross tower.
                Note this is a GM performance part and is listed in the parts catalog.
                the malibu is the same Z-Body as the G6 and the bar bolts right-up (even with a m-6 trans). I applied one to my 06 G6 GTP and tested it on the road
                and I found the floating/hop found in the frontend while turning sharp into a turn, on or off the gas is no longer present. Here is the GM part # 15286584. This also offers a emblem # 25769543 it is a GM performance
                emblem (brushed alum.) I hope this helps you out some?
                Is it a straight bolt on or do you have to modify anything?
                07 White G6 GTP Sedan
                OPGClub

Comment

Some get some minor rubbing against the hood, easily fixable. It's a direct bolt on, easy smeasy.

There are lots of threads on it, search and ye shall find.

Comment

Thank you for the replies guys.
                    I have noticed one thing about this forums, there isn't a whole lot of content. I know that the site, and car is pretty new, but it should have had a bit mroe acceptance by now. So that is the only thing thats making weary.

I hate messing with rims, and suspensions because, I feel that they should be adequate for me stock.

When I drove the 06 GTP Coupe near my house, there is a slightly rising stretched S bend, VERY VERY slight.

The car had difficulty transitioning from left to right and so on. It distilled an uncomfortable experience. It DID stick to the road, just VERY sloppy.

I was hoping there was a change from 06 to 07 with a whole different
                    Because as much as I dislike my 06 VW Passat, ( it has THE WORST wheel hop in a car Ive EVER experienced )
                    The Saturn Aura I drove in, had none which is great. ( im using that as the comparison to the 07 GTP. )

Honestly Sway bars probably won't cure the sloppy side to side handling, thats a fuction suspension travel more so than anything else. I guess Im just skeptical because I never notice ANY different with larger sway bars.

But my GP GTP with a slight drop with the GMPP suspension worked wonders for the cars handling.
                    Supra MKIV - T72, Fuel, Race intake mani, Greddy 4 row, nitrous, cam gears, and AEM EMS

Comment

Originally posted by Beau
                      I have noticed one thing about this forums, there isn't a whole lot of content. I know that the site, and car is pretty new, but it should have had a bit mroe acceptance by now. So that is the only thing thats making weary.
                      huh?
                      Originally posted by TLS2000
                      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

It is widely accepted, it just takes enthusiasts to create/join a forum. Not every G6 owner is going to really care about it, even then most are GTP owners.

Comment

I'm willing to bet if you took that Saturn Aura and took it apart, you'd find the exact same suspension as on the G6.

And this site does have plenty of information. We're also getting more and more enthusiasts and vendors. The problem with this car, is that it's competing in a market that is biased towards imports, and it doesn't stack up in stock form.

sigpic

Comment

This site had tons of useful information. Unless you're looking in the useless posts thread.

Comment

Sorry im just coming from clubGP, which, this forum MIGHT fit in the smallest of splinter forums on there.

It will take a while to build up this site.

Personally there needs to be some differentiation b/t g6 performance topics. I mean there are several motors out there, so they are all convoluted and confusing.

ANYWAYS...

I would assume the Auras suspension is the same, in which case it didn't handle as poorly as the last G6 I drove last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X