Clear All

• Redline Tuning Quicklifts

Redline Tuning Quicklift Hood Struts - Basic Kit

Brand: Redline Tuning
    Price: $54.95 w/ group buy
    Purchased From: http://www.redlinetuning.com

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: About an hour.
    Any Installation Tips:If you find that one side of a strut has the locking clip holes on the inner part of the strut, you need to take the strut off the ball joint, slip the clip partially in the bottom hole, then put the strut back over the ball joint, and push the clip up through the second hole. Then use a small screwdriver to to push the clip into place and lock it.

Quality of Part: 10
    Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10 (the way the hood slowly rises up before it reaches it's maximum height is priceless!)
    Would you Recommend to Others: YES!

Any Other Comments: Best mod you can do to your car for the price. Fast, Easy, and Cheap! Go buy them!
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Re: Redline Tuning Quicklifts

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
    Redline Tuning Quicklift Hood Struts - Basic Kit

Brand: Redline Tuning
    Price: $54.95 w/ group buy
    Purchased From: http://www.redlinetuning.com

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: About an hour.
    Any Installation Tips:If you find that one side of a strut has the locking clip holes on the inner part of the strut, you need to take the strut off the ball joint, slip the clip partially in the bottom hole, then put the strut back over the ball joint, and push the clip up through the second hole. Then use a small screwdriver to to push the clip into place and lock it.

Quality of Part: 10
    Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10 (the way the hood slowly rises up before it reaches it's maximum height is priceless!)
    Would you Recommend to Others: YES!

Any Other Comments: Best mod you can do to your car for the price. Fast, Easy, and Cheap! Go buy them!

I agree with all of this, i just put mine on during my lunch break. the only thing i would change is this...

ETIP: The passenger side ball joint clip is hard to get on, if you do it the hard way. To put the clip on, first put the passenger side hood joint on, swing it upward till it touches the hood, insert clip. This way you can actually see the hole. Then swing it down and around and put it on the fender ball joint. So much easier that way

Comment

I installed these without any problem. Great mod
      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Guess the struts are all designed differently. I had the same problem with the locking clip not being on the right side.
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

feedback

Thanks for the feedback - we will use this to improve our products - glad to see everyone enjoys them.

RT

Comment

Are they still available for $54.95

Comment

I think they're $59.95 now. I still haven't installed mine
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

The Redline website has some warning about installing the Quicklifts on aftermarket hoods (fiberglass, CF, etc.). So I'm asking them but also want opinions from those who have installed these: what do you think about bonding the hood brackets with epoxy or the like instead of trying to rivet them to my fibergalss MPD ram air hood?

(Rev) Greg
                (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Really...I thought they worked fine with aftermarket fiberglass hoods.
                  -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by revgregd
                    The Redline website has some warning about installing the Quicklifts on aftermarket hoods (fiberglass, CF, etc.). So I'm asking them but also want opinions from those who have installed these: what do you think about bonding the hood brackets with epoxy or the like instead of trying to rivet them to my fibergalss MPD ram air hood?

(Rev) Greg
                    Do you know the weight difference between the two hoods? It may be because the gas cylinders are too strong to pull down on a fibrglass hood over time. I understand carbon fibre should be strong enought to do that.
                    Does your hood have an area to drill into like the stock hood?
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

The MPD hood has the same lines underneath as the stock hood, so the mounting points for the Quicklifts look the same. I don't know if the hood is "hollow" like the stock hood when you drill into it.

The warning on the Redline site doesn't seem to be about weight but only cautionary regarding riveting into fiberglass or something other than metal. I assume it's easier to break or damage the hood and then the brackets are useless. That's why I'm wondering about bonding them on instead.

(Rev) Greg
                      (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Perhaps the hood manufacturer could provide a graphic cut a way of the mount point. It would be nice to know if there is room to drop a rivet into. 3/16" rivets are pretty strong. Mine don't appear to have moved or loosened.
                        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Talk to MPD, they are really good people and should be able to get you an answer quickly!

John
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I still haven't installed mine
                            I got them on the GB and never installed them either. They are still in the red cilinder container, sealed! What a waste of money. Maybe I should install them tomorrow.

-2005 GT
                            -GT-R Exhaust
                            -Dr Speed Stage 3 CAI
                            -Eibach Lowering Springs
                            -18" ASA JS5 on Sumitomo HTR+
                            -20% Window Tint
                            -Vector Motorsport Tune

Comment

i had mine installed 2 weeks ago, perfect so far, i love them, worth the money
                              35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
                              MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

Working...
                              X