Leather Tap shift steering wheel with Radio controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Leather Tap shift steering wheel with Radio controls

This was removed from a 08 Saturn Aura. Should work in a G6. You may have to do extra work to get the tap shift to work. One minor imperfection, but hardly noticeable. No clock spring included as it went everywhere when I pulled the wheel off.

$100

Last edited by jimmyfloyd; 11-16-2014, 12:03 AM.
    2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Re: Leather Tap shift steering wheel with Radio controls

Open to offers

Comment

Any idea how to make the tap shift work?

Comment

No, I do not know how you'd go about doing it. I just happened to see the wheel and grabbed it for the Radio controls initially.

Comment

Crusing6 and I, have been tackling the idea on how to wire up this steering wheel onto the tap shift g6's.

Comment

The biggest hurdle with the wiring I can foresee is the clock spring. Getting the wires to the dash.
            Once done tapping them into the tap shifter in the console would be all that's left and it would likely work.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
              The biggest hurdle with the wiring I can foresee is the clock spring. Getting the wires to the dash.
              Once done tapping them into the tap shifter in the console would be all that's left and it would likely work.
              That's what I can agree with. I think it can be easy.

Comment

I saw a post that someone has been able to make it work in the past.

As an FYI, the buttons shown in the picture would be the correct ones if you are doing the 09.5+ radio/cluster swap. I would sell those separately with another wiring harness if someone wanted them, or if someone wants this, and is not planning to do that swap, I can include a set of buttons that has the 1-6 on it instead.

Also, looking at the connector differences between the 1-6 button set I have, and this one, there is one extra wire in the second in from the right, which is purple. The furthest right space is empty. This was the only difference I saw, aside from the obvious one, which is the connectors for the tap shift.

For those investigating this swap, I'd be willing to help where I can. Also, looking online, it appears that the clock spring and multifunction switch assembly for an 07 Aura is about $70, so that may be an option.

Comment

boys thats easy stuff.. ive already seen this done in my garage

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
                    boys thats easy stuff.. ive already seen this done in my garage
                    What? no write-up?

Comment

Brian did the work.. I watched

The gist? The tap shift is on a harness.. You tap the harness as it comes past the clockspring and then you tie it to your existing tapshift harness... Its not a cakewalk... But principally its straight forward. Not real worth it if your JUST adding the tapshift.. But if your swapping the wheel.. Ya.. Do it

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

bump. offers accepted

Comment

Working...
                        X