Door Trim Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Trim Removal

Have no idea is this is the best place to post this but i figured i'd ask. Yesterday i took my window trim off to paint and noticed there is some spots of paint chipped on the trim piece circled in the photo below. I spent probaaly a half hour trying to figure out how to remove those pieces so i can sand them all down and repaint them, noticied some rust as well and was like gah i want it gone now LOL. I tried digging around in the haynes manual to no avail(didn't figure it'd be in there) and i'm just puzzled how its held in place. That and another one has a couple dings i'd like to fill before painting as well.

Re: Door Trim Removal

Don't know about all the window trim, but I replaced the trim/seal at the the top of the door/window and that thing was riveted onto the door.

And had to be riveted back into the door to replace it as well.

Comment

I took my chrome trim that runs on top of the door from side to side that is in front of the door's windows. is this the piece?

Comment

I know the bottom chrome and black trim that runs along the bottom of the outside of the window is held on by a single screw on the inside of the door.

And the wider black plastic window trim is held on by two screws located a little bit above where the first screw is to remove the chrome trim.

Screws are along the inside of the door edge. And the trim pieces kinda sit in grooves, the side plastic needs more of a pull outward and up.

While the chrome just needs a pull up after they're all unscrewed.

Comment

i see my picture got deleted, whoops, but yeah its the longer wide pieces at the sides of the doors. I'll have to go take a look again, they need pulled and repainted after some sanding as i see some rust forming Over time its wore through the paint and caused it to start rusting and i'd rather take car of it now while its really small than down the road.

Comment

I have photos of the door trim I wrapped in carbon fiber white. I think this is the one you are talking about? If so, it can be removed, but it is not a pop on and off kind of thing. Its more work to make it go back on. It Has been pressed down cause it is sheet metal that's has pressed in place. But, this can be done still by masking off the area of course. I'll put photos up here in a bit.

Comment

The first one is where you can see it has been rivitted on.

The second one where the trim that seals on both sides of the window glass, is moved away.

The third is where you see three holders for screws. The top two, remove to pull the seals out. Now don't go pulling out all fast like. Just watch it come out and pull the seals out slowly to make sure you do not rip the top part of where it meets the top corner edge of the door.

Comment

Working...
              X