Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better. Chilton, or haynes?

2006 pontiac g6 base model 3.5L V6

Re: Which is better. Chilton, or haynes?

I need the one that is more detailed when it comes to wiring.

Comment

I remember years ago there use to be a difference, but not anymore. I have them both, they are the same.
      2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

I need the one with more pictures

Comment

I had to pull out my whole dash, and i want to make sure it gets completely wired up

Comment

I have a Chilton and I never had a Haynes. I agree, that they used to be very different years ago and the Haynes were thinner on the book thickness. If I recall correctly, Haynes is good on wiring diagrams. But good old crusing6 can get you wiring diagrams unless he can tell you on how to get the same ones yourself.

Comment

I've got Mitchell OnDemand for my car specs and wiring diagrams. It's what many shops use for vehicle info. I like it primarily for the wiring diagrams, Everything is color coded, and in the program you can just click a wire to trace it. Really does the trick nicely.

So you just need the hvac system wiring then? I would assume its the manual controlled system since it's a base model. I sent you a PM for your email. It's easier to send PDFs over taking screenshots and uploading them

Comment

I use AllData. Haven't needed to open any other books or anything. It's all in there. Every TSB, everything.

My only complaint is there are no real pictures anywhere in the program. It's only diagrams and drawings.

Comment

Working...
                X