12v accessory & cig. lighter problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v accessory & cig. lighter problems

I don't know much about electrical... especially in cars. I can't seem to get my 12 volt outlet or the cigerette lighter outlet to work. I bought stick neons for under the dash to plug into the 12v. outlet and they don't work. Someone please help me.

Most likely its a fuse. On the side of the passenger side console on the floor theres a pannel, pull it off and there is where the fuses are. Just look at the diagram for the cigreete oultnumber and pull it then replace.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I think my G6 had one that was a constant and one that was an accessory. Make sure of which one you are using. Next, check to see if there is an on/off switch of some sort on the light itself. And if all else fails, check the fuse block for the one that is connected within that circuit
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Most times it might be the crummy plugs that are used on some aftermarket equipment - it might not be making connection or shorted out the outlet blowing the fuse

Both of the outlets are fed with same 20 A fuse and fuse is located in the rear electrical center. I think fuse #20 but look at the label on the back of cover.

The fuse is battery fed so it always powered

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
          Most times it might be the crummy plugs that are used on some aftermarket equipment - it might not be making connection or shorted out the outlet blowing the fuse

Both of the outlets are fed with same 20 A fuse and fuse is located in the rear electrical center. I think fuse #20 but look at the label on the back of cover.

The fuse is battery fed so it always powered
          yup its in the trunk and its 20A and #20. (i just had to replace mine like 3 days ago.. lol)
          Mike # 3!

Comment

thanks for all the help guys. I wasnt sure if it was the fuse or if maybe it's not even connected. I read in another thread that some don't come wired up... could this be the case? I am going to replace the fuse for sure though thanks.

Comment

I occasionally have problems w/ my radar detector in the plug by the shifter. I figured it was just a shotty design on GM's part.. but then I realized that my radar's plug was just a POS

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

had the same problem. Check the fuse inside the plugin for the neons. Just unscrew the tip and check to see if the fuse is fried. Also, the neons i had wouldnt turn on at first I had to wait like five minutes and then they turned on so try that
                2006 Cobalt SS supercharged
                Same cobra radar. lol

Comment

My problem was indeed a blown fuse. I went to my local Canadian Tire and got a new fuse installed - everything works as it should. Thanks guys.

Comment

awesome good to see things worked out
                    2006 Cobalt SS supercharged
                    Same cobra radar. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X