Programming a key fob without #'s on the back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming a key fob without #'s on the back

Hello I have two key fobs for my G6 one was given by a friend another was purchased on eBay. The one given to me has numbers and writing on the back of it the other does not. I took them to a dealer and they said the numbers on the back need to match which isn't possible for me. Also they said that the one without any writing on the back has issues with programming and may not work properly. However they still planned to charge me the $47.50 fee if it doesn't work. Is there a particular website that can supply me with a set of matching numbered key fobs without breaking the bank?

Re: Programming a key fob without #'s on the back

5 second Google search my friend.
    Time to nut up or shut up

My progression thus far

Comment

Originally posted by carljames0603 View Post

I have tried this method amongst a few others on google search with no success. Do u have a recommendation other than what I may have already tried?

Comment

The fob with the numbers on it means it is usually an OEM fob. The fob's without numbers are most of the time knockoffs.

The knockoffs will program. I've heard stories of them not. Am sure some of them are true.

Yet when I got three fobs programmed for my Grand Prix last year the dealership gave me the run around at first.

All 3 fob's programmed fine even though two of them were the knockoff type.

The dealer just seemed like they were trying to get me to buy fob's from them instead. At $50 a pop, no way.

Comment

Working...
        X