damn kumhos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn kumhos

I have 11,000 miles on my kumho ecsta spt 225 45 18. front left just had the tread seperate from the tire, halfway around the backside. I'm not impressed, and both front tires are almost bald already, rear are fine. May be an alignment issue but I really doubt it. Either way, the dealer said he couldn't do anything about it because it had like 3/32 of tread left. Just letting you guys know that I would be careful buying these tires, up until this point i was fairly impressed, they gripped corners good, could stop hard without skidding, only bad was they broke traction easy, could light them up past squealing pretty well with my stock 2.4.

Any idea for better tires??

REALLY!!! I have one of those tires on my car-the tire went bad and I didn't feel like paying out the ass for another conti piece of crap so I went with this cheap tire to wait while the others wear down.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

honest question.
      is it KU OH, CUM HO or KU HO
      Mike # 3!

Comment

Originally posted by mike5411
        honest question.
        is it KU OH, CUM HO or KU HO
        I believe it is pronounced KOOM-HO.

I'm pretty shocked to hear a bad experience with Kumhos! I had Kumho Ecsta MX tires on my Vibe and they performed fantastically! Amazing grip, and they lasted me at least 20,000 miles. I can't remember exactly how long, but they sure as hell were worth it given my alternative (contis!). And they were priced the same as the Contis too.
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Same thing with this guy ^^^ I have Kuhmo P215 60R 16's on my 2.4 and am really impressed so far. Only put about 7,000 miles on them cause I totally roasted my TigerPaw's (front and back after a rotation).
          2006 Cobalt SS supercharged
          Same cobra radar. lol

Comment

Sounds like you just had bad luck, Kumhos especially the Ecsta series are pretty damn good tires. And yeah it's pronounced koom-ho.

Comment

oh well thats good to hear, maybe I have nothing to worry about. They looked like good tires and I like the tread pattern on them.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I prefer the term Cum Ho
                BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                ^ The Man
                v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
                  I prefer the term Cum Ho
                  As do I!
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I prefer the term Cum Ho

Comment

Did you ever rotate them? Burnouts always seem to help keeping the tires past 11k too.
                      04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                      Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

yea I've always heard good things about Kumhos.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

well shit maybe I will just use them after all, they're pretty cheap compared to others.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                            I prefer the term Cum Ho

Originally posted by TLS2000
                            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

check out the chick at the bottom modeling the kumho shirts for girls

classy
                              Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                              X