How to Install Metra GMOS-LAN-03 and ASWC-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To How to Install Metra GMOS-LAN-03 and ASWC-1

I did not take many pictures on this install as i figured someone else had already made this tutorial. this was done on a 2009.5 G6 without Monsoon radio.

This installation is pretty much straight forward except for two small things which is why i decided to make this tutotial.

First you want to take apart the dash and remove the stock radio by following this tutorial:

Once you have that done you have to wire the GMOS harness to your aftermarket harness.

This part is mostly straightforward just read what each wire is in the GMOS harness booklet and the aftermarket radio harness booklet and connect each wire. The only part of this that is not in the step by step in the GMOS booklet is that ignition wire from the 12 pin plug for the ASWC, as it comes pre installed with the GMOS harness, needs to be wired with the ignition wires from the GMOS and the aftermarket harness. This step wasnt in the booklet and i had to go back and do it after the fact.

Once its all wired plug in the GMOS module and the ASWC module and youre just about ready to install.

The main reason for this tutorial is to explain how to program the ASWC module as the instruction arnt complete for the G6 and i had to call tech support to get it to work. So once you have the harness pluged into the radio and into the stock harness you want to take a wire and ground pin number 4 in the ASWC module because if you dont it will turn your volume all the way up automatically and wont allow you to turn it down.

NOTE: THIS WIRE ONLY NEEDS TO BE IN DURING THE PROGRAMMING ONCE ITS PROGRAMMED IT CAN BE REMOVED.

For this step i took pictures to show what was needed. You want to put a wire in pin number 4 and shove it into the ground like so:

Once this is done you have to plug in the ASWC module and turn on the ignition and program all the buttons manually because if you dont the only buttons that work correctly are the volume buttons. Programming manually is in the installation packet of the ASWC module under trouble shooting.

The first four buttons are volume up/down and seek up/down so you can program all four of those right away but to program the bluetooth answer button you have to skip all the way to push to talk and program it as that. Push to talk allows that button to both answer and end calls.

Hope this helps as i wish i would have known this a while ago because it was such a pain. If anyone needs any clearification please let me know.
    Last edited by Siloge; 06-21-2014, 08:28 PM.
Working...
X