Removing passenger seat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing passenger seat.

Does anyone know what I should watch out for and how to remove the front passenger seat? I have a 2007 convertible and I just need access so I can mount the amp since I don't want it loose.
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

I'd imagine 4 bolts and a wiring harness for heated seats. VW is the only manufacturer that I have seen that makes wierd mounts for their seats.
    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
    ^ The Man
    v The Legend

Comment

Shouldn't be, there should just be like 4 bolts holding it down so you can just take the nuts off. And probably some wires you have to unplug for the airbag sensor and heated seats if you have those. Removing front seats is usually pretty straight forward.

Edit ^ You're quick

Comment

nah, just lucky
        BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
        ^ The Man
        v The Legend

Comment

Installed my amp without removing the seat. It is held in by 2 screws.
          2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

under or next to the glove compartment... gorilla glue that shit
            !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
            FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
            SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
            14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by ByGeSg6GTP
              under or next to the glove compartment... gorilla glue that shit
              hey, finnaly a post we can understand
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              They cleaned my thing out
              g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
              2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Anyone know what size Torx bit I need to remove those damn seat screws? I need to yank my passenger seat to do some deep carpet cleaning (bad spill ) , and for some stupid reason, they used a Torx screw instead of a nut. And I have NO idea how I'm supposed to attach a torx bit to a torque wrench to tighten it to the 33 lb ft called for in the service manual when I reinstall...

Largest bit I have on hand is T40, and that's too small still.

Any advice?
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

hmm I have one in my garage but i'd have to hunt it down and let you know what size it is
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i belive its 50 or 55

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I think its in the 50's. I bought a set of torx bits @ Home Depot. Husky brand. Came with like 10 different sizes. The kit was useful for the door panels and the seats.

Comment

Thanks all been having issues locating locating a torx bit set that actually has bits above 40. I'll try the depot tomorrow (as much as it pains me to patronize that store).
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

If you cant find it let me know. I can send you my bit.

Comment

thanks for the offer, but i got a T50 and it fits. yay!!
                            2009 PONTIAC G8
                            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Did you buy the set @ home depot? or just the single bit?

Comment

Working...
                              X