Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys =) i'm new to cars so be sure to help a brother out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys =) i'm new to cars so be sure to help a brother out!

Today i got a grey 2008 G6 GT coupe! 88k miles. It's very freakin sweet! even tho it's a restored title. Anyways, just wanted to stop by and si hi. I'll be moding it a whole lot so i'll probably be on here often. Now I just have to figure out how to deal with the whistling sound when i rev the motor ( weeping holes? resonators? s belt? )
    I live in provo utah currently.

Please feel free to give me any hints or heads up or advice on anything. Thanks!

Re: Hey guys =) i'm new to cars so be sure to help a brother out!

Welcome to the club! IIRC people generally get the whistling noise from the exhaust, my resonator had holes rusted out in it...
    Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
      Welcome to the club! IIRC people generally get the whistling noise from the exhaust, my resonator had holes rusted out in it...

gotcha, did you just take the resonator out or replace it? Im getting the s belt changed out tomorrow, we'll see if that helps. I'm getting the eyelids for the headlights, plastidiping the rims black, maybe get a spoiler on it too. we'll see how it looks. I want to get better performance from the car but I wouldn't know where to start

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

I replaced my whole exhaust... And check out everybody's signatures and progression threads for some ideas for mods
          Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Post a video demonstrating the noise. You might have a turbinator (lol) in your air intake.
            Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

once i figure out how to do that I will haha. Im thinking of putting an off set black racing string down the right or left side. has anyone done this?
              ill post pics of my car soon too . Once i figure that out hah

Comment

Working...
              X