Hi my name is Chris and I'm a speed addict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi my name is Chris and I'm a speed addict

Hi my names Chris and I recently (2 weeks ago) bought a 2007 G6 GT convertible in silver. My former ride was a 2003 Mazda 6 that was totaled out by a massive deer. I poured lots of time and money in my Mazda and it destroyed me when that deer KOed it. The G6 has had a few problems since buying including a small oil leak (rear main), wheel bearing needs replacing, and I put new front pads and rotors on last week. I have lots of plans for the G6 once I get everything repaired (I bought an extended warranty which is hopefully going to cover repairs). I have replaced all my interior lights with LEDs (white) and put a set of zxe headlights in this far. I'm going to sell off a lot of my stereo components because there's no room convertible for subs, etc really. I'm also thinking about doing a double DIN instead of the flip up kenwood excelon I already have. I have a set of 18" moteig wheels, but not sure if I'm going to keep the factory 18s (I like them). What is best way to upload pics to site? Anyone have luck installing subs in convertible? Looking forward to learning from the site!

Re: Hi my name is Chris and I'm a speed addict

Welcome! From one 6 to another! lol

Comment

Very true. This one has more power. Mazda was 2.3 with injen cai, magnaflows, short shifter, and big brakes all 4. Pontiac is 3.9 and stock...currently. Thanks for welcome

Comment

Welcome to the club! Best way to post pics is to just upload them to photobucket and paste in the IMG code
        Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Welcome! Can't wait to see some pics. I used imgur for mine, but any photo hosting site will work. Looking fwd to seeing all what you end up doing to your ride.
          -- Whatever doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger. --

Comment

more convertibles....Nice!!
            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Looking forward to seeing pics!
              Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
              CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
              AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Comment

New car, well 3 weeks old by picobread, on Flickr

Comment

Comment

Well that's all I have currently. Just a stock 07 GT convertible other than some brighter headlights and LED interior lights. The first pic are my wheels from my Mazda that I have not decided if I want to install on the G6. I do like the factory wheels and they have a good set of Goodyears on them. The center caps could use some work, but I'm sure someone here could make a suggestion for that...Thanks for the warm welcome, Glad to be here

Comment

Those wheels won't fit the G6 without an adapter. We have this oddball bolt pattern of 5x110. I don't believe Mazda ever used that.
                        Unless your wheels also have 5x110 holes lol

Comment

I just checked and you are correct. The Mazda was a 5x115 not 5x110. Damn ....

Comment

I have a question for you guys: what kinda mpg should be expected on the LZ9? I'm getting around 17.5mpg and that just seems low

Comment

Originally posted by Picobread View Post
                              I have a question for you guys: what kinda mpg should be expected on the LZ9? I'm getting around 17.5mpg and that just seems low
                              I get about the same with my 3.5 LZ4 so I think you're doing well.

Comment

Working...
                              X