TEXAS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEXAS!

I guess I am making my intro post my third.

I am in North Texas, a mechanic, car enthusiast, whatever you want to call it.

I bought my car two weeks ago. It needed a lot of work so I got a really good deal on it. I just needed a good daily driver that I was comfortable in, and this one hit the spot. I am 6' 4" and this is one of the few cars I am comfortable in.

I am not looking to make anything of my grocery getter cash car, but I do enjoy the support of forums when it comes to cars. The best solutions and ideas come from groups of people that have a common interest.

I don't talk too much, but if I do I try to make my post useful.

See you around!

Re: TEXAS!

Welcome! What kind of work did you need to do to get it back on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
      Welcome! What kind of work did you need to do to get it back on the road?
      Had a stopped up catalytic converter, mass air flow that was acting up, plugs, new windshield, and it still needs tires. The back end wobbles going down the road, I have one that is separated...

The windshield was more of a personal preference thing. It had one crack in it that ran across my line of sight and it drove me absolutely nuts! The passenger side headlight is full of water too. I have some eagle eyes and HIDs ordered for it.

Other than a few dents and the hub caps all being messed up it is pretty clean. I will grab some pictures of it later.

Comment

The back passenger window doesn't roll down or up too. I think the glass just separated from the regulator, because I can hear it going down and up in the door. If you push the glass down, it goes down with the regulator and the regulator will push it back up.

I just had an idea that I might do tutorials on the stuff I repair so it may help other guys on here. What do you think? I don't want to waste my time if there is no interest...

Comment

Not bad. Seems like some reasonably simple repairs.
          Good choice on the eagle eyes. Its the brand of choice.
          One of my tires are separating as well. Would be the second tire over all but I blame camber and cheapo kumho tires.
          I also ran without hub caps and just painted the steelies. Do you have the 5 spoke steel wheels?

Comment

The headlights are the reason I am on the forum. I was lurking around looking at reviews about the aftermarket projector headlights. I almost bought the spyders, but I didn't after reading all of the mixed reviews about them on here. I know that some people were happy with them but most weren't and I didn't want to risk not being happy with a $300 pair of headlights.

The price difference between the Eagle Eyes and the Spyders was only about $50.

No mine are the ones with a bunch of round holes around the outside.

Comment

Yea. I'm sure you've seen the retrofit hid lights on the forums as well. Personally I don't like the look of any on the car. But function wise its totally worth it. I'm just using hids in my stock lights but I re-aimed them and I have eyelids that come down a bit, not sure how well those cut light though.

You can still paint those wheels to look nice lol. But a new set of caps isn't that difficult to find.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                Yea. I'm sure you've seen the retrofit hid lights on the forums as well. Personally I don't like the look of any on the car. But function wise its totally worth it. I'm just using hids in my stock lights but I re-aimed them and I have eyelids that come down a bit, not sure how well those cut light though.

You can still paint those wheels to look nice lol. But a new set of caps isn't that difficult to find.
                I don't necessarily care for the halos or leds or any of that, I just wanted some decent projectors. You just can't beat the light pattern and output of good xenons behind projectors.

I also want to bash in the headlights of cars that have HIDs in the stock low beam reflectors. It is really inconsiderate of other people.

Comment

I don't blame you there. I took the time to drive against my friend on the road and point them low enough to see but not blind people. As it stands I don't blind on coming traffic. So far 3 of my friends have verified this. Of course they can't speak for everyone. But I don't doubt it still pisses some people off.
                  Just I'd still rather do that than put projectors in.

Comment

Yoooo Texas homie......WUT UP?

My Bro lives up there in Little Elm.....Im down south in San Antonio.
                    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                      Yoooo Texas homie......WUT UP?

My Bro lives up there in Little Elm.....Im down south in San Antonio.
                      Cool deal! I am actually about 30 minutes south of Dallas. Waxahachie.

Don't hurt yourself trying to pronounce that one if you are from out of town... haha

Comment

Welcome to the club!
                        Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Welcome aboard man.Big Cowboys fan here.

Comment

Working...
                          X