Dynamat cause truck seal issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamat cause truck seal issue!

Whew, well i got the first car wash in a long time today... basically since i have done a lot of my mods. Get home and open the trunk to get out some cloths and there is WATER ON MY AMP! Ugh, not good. Turns out i went too far down with the dynamat and it isnt making a good seal around the trunk! And also one of my headlights is getting moisture in it... -_-

I have my work cut out for me
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

That sucks to hear, at least the Dynamat is a quick fix but the headlight not sealing is really bad. That is the only reason why I don't want to break mine apart to paint them-worried about the sealing issues afterwards.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

The headlight not sealing isnt that bad.. I'd say that 90% of us get some moister just take your time clean off SOME of the old silicone and lay a new bead inthe track might take a couple times
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yeah this time im oging to take off tons of the old... dont wanna have to do this shit again.

Lojac how would you say i should go about taking the dynamat off? I can get the foil off really east with an exacto knife but the adhsive is the problem
        2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

For myself I bought a set of new dental picks and rakes a while ago and I use the rakes to scrape adhesive or anything else off for that matter. Just find something to get under it, score the part you want to take off with the exacto knife then just work a tool under the piece you want off-it will take time but it will get there.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
          X