speakers in trunk question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speakers in trunk question

I just got a good deal on an enclosed speaker system. it has 2-6" woofers and 2-2" tweeters. It is about 2' across and made to be wired to each pair. I am going to tap into the 6X9s. Since it is a rather cheap system, what direction should I point it. I read the post about rear facing but I am not sure it is the same with a cheap systm with tweeters. The tweeters are on the side at an angle facing front.
    I have a stck system with no amp.

Are you going to amp them? Im guessing not. Actually that enclosure will do very little for you. Stick it on the rear seats you will hear it, but being in a trunk, i say save your money!
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

yea they'll probably sound the same as the rear 6x9s that are in there now, unless you amplify them.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Re: speakers in trunk question

Originally posted by hvac999
        I just got a good deal on an enclosed speaker system. it has 2-6" woofers and 2-2" tweeters. It is about 2' across and made to be wired to each pair. I am going to tap into the 6X9s. Since it is a rather cheap system, what direction should I point it. I read the post about rear facing but I am not sure it is the same with a cheap systm with tweeters. The tweeters are on the side at an angle facing front.
        I have a stck system with no amp.
        Honestly, i dont think that this will help any sound with your system. Actually, it will probably be distorted and actually sound very bad. I doubt you get much bass out of this. A 6" speaker is designed for mid-bass and the 2" tweeter will sound hollow. I would advise from putting this in you car.
        But, with that said, have them facing up to your 6x9's. But, without ever doing anything like this in a car, you will just have to play with it. Find the best possible place for the box. Try as many ways as you can before settling on one spot.
        06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
        http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

Working...
        X