ECM recalibration for tire change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM recalibration for tire change?

I was just curious if anyone knows if it's possible for GM to hook up the scantool to our cars to change the info in the computer for the tire size? I want to put 18" wheels on my 6er(which i've been talking about for how long?, LOL) but I want to use the tire size that's on the GTP's, but that's almost an inch taller that my stock wheels and I dont want to throw off my speedometer and such. When I had my silverado, I was told that the dealer could do that as long as it was a factory size.
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Its my understanding that the speed reading thing is clabrated for wheels 16-18 inches so you should be fine with 18's

Someone correct me if im wrong
    SSSS Czar

Comment

I went to 18's on my car and the speed was 3 mph lower then stock.

So, lets say i was driving 55 mph (what my speedo says), i am actually driving 52 mph.
      But, it all depends on the 3 sizes of your tires, i.e. 215/40/18

You can go here : http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html
      There is a calculator about half way down the page. You put in the factory tire size, then the new size to get the difference.
      06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
      http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

but if you took it in would the dealer recalibrate everything to display the correct speed and everything else for that matter?
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
          but if you took it in would the dealer recalibrate everything to display the correct speed and everything else for that matter?
          With the silverado it would, odometer and speedometer would be corrected.

SSSS member #2

Comment

It is adjustable with software... HPTuners has it.

Again though... not for the 3.5L guys
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
              It is adjustable with software... HPTuners has it.

Again though... not for the 3.5L guys
              Of course. The 3.5L guys always get left out.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Kyle I just want to say Thank You for giving us old 3.5 guys a -I'm glad we have your support in one way or another
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yes the dealer can recalibrate the computer for you
                  it takes about 5-10 minutes and theyll probly do it for free

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                  X