Speaker Wire Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Wire Colors

I'm about to add a couple speakers in my trunk and want to tap into the 6X9 wires. There is a black and a white wire. Which one is positive? Does it really matter?

yes it matters....there is a how to on this..check it out for the info

Comment

I searched and can not find one that mentions these colors. Should be an easy question for somebody.

Comment

i remember those colors..but i just followed the how to and mine work perfectly fine....so no need to tap into them?

Comment

Speaker wire colours are discussed in this thread:

Nothing about a black and white one though...maybe you're looking at the tweeter speaker wires (there are four sets of wires on the back speakers for the Monsoon)

Comment

I only have the standard speakers with just 2 wires. After looking at it again it may be blue or green and white.

Comment

black and white? My old ass sterio speakers in my bedroom used black and white. White was ground black was posative.
              BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

That's what I was thinking, that the white is neg., but I was'nt sure.

Comment

test light perhaps?
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                  X