Satellite Antenna Mounting Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satellite Antenna Mounting Location

Has anybody mounted one of these in the window or etc?

Locations? How does it work there?

Thanks,

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

I put mine on the outside of the car, right at the top of the windshield. I then ran the wire along the edge of the window by putting it underneath the weather stripping. Once I got down to the base of the A pillar, I fed it through there and then through a little hole on the side of the dashboard.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I just used the standard magnet mount in the middle top of my trunk lid, the sirius is small enough not to be too noticable.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
        I just used the standard magnet mount in the middle top of my trunk lid, the sirius is small enough not to be too noticable.
        Mine is pretty small, but I didn't want it on the trunk lid.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

im not sure if all of the g6s have the same mount for the antenna or not, but i would put it right beside the on on top of car, and try to follow the route it took if possible

Comment

I am not installing it on my G6. I use XM and since my car came with it... As a Valentine's Day present I am getting it for my Fiancee so it is going on a Neon.

Do you get good reception on the trunk? They say it works better 4 inches off the edge, but I would rather put it right on the edge.

Thanks,

John

Comment

my friend has his right on the edge and it works great..better than my factory xm as far as reception is concerned

Comment

mine is right in the middle and it works great, no problems at all.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Going with that, mine is right on the edge of my windshield, even though they say to put it at least 4" away.

sigpic

Comment

I have mine on lower right side of my rear view window, with no issues.
                    Crimson Brotherhood Member

Comment

when i installed XM on my dad's sedan (with onstar), i put his XM antenna directly in front of the onstar antenna, right against the windshield. reception is flawless. so i don't buy that 4" BS they tell you...
                      2009 PONTIAC G8
                      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Probably too late to chime in on this but I put an XM radio in my son's
                        Ford ZX2. I mounted the magnetic antenna on the roof. In back beside
                        the back glass. I ran the wire under the rubber window seal down and into the trunk. I then ran the wire under the passanger panel, under the passenger door sill, behind the pass kick panel and into the dash. Went from there to the radio. It is completely hidden in the trunk and on the outside. Looks great.
                        Works like a champ but I think you were looking for trunk mount. It looks almost like a stock install.

You could put it on the panel between the trunk and back glass easy cheesy. If you have the rubber seal you could even use that instead of running it into the trunk. Run it to the side and over.

I dont know if Im making sense. I can snap a photo for you later today
                        if you need it.
                        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Next up is how to pass the signal into the radio... I can hard wire the FM or just use the standard FM Modulator...

Delphi SA10112 FM Modulator Adapter is the hardwire adapter....

What do you do?

Thanks,

John

Comment

hard wire. FM Modulation sucks big time.
                            She wont like the interferance and bad signal of the mudulation.
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I use FM modulation on both my sirius and my ipod with a Belkin Tunebase and both sound great with no static or interference what so ever. Although we all live in different areas and that plays a huge part also. Sure hardwiring is the best bet but modulation is much faster

Comment

Working...
                              X