No announcement yet.

New member...philko80's G6 (with pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member...philko80's G6 (with pics!)

Thought I would finally get around to registering and posting on here, after being a lurker for a long while. I've used this site and the G6owners site for references and just for doing research and such. I just washed, waxed and detailed the car by hand this past weekend, so I figured I would post some pics and such.

I have an '06 G6 GT (been mine since day 1) and am approaching 100K on it. I have not done much to it at all, since I'm really new to this all and don't really know too much about cars (fixing/repairing/modding, etc.). Luckily I have a good friend who knows quite a bit more than me and is helping me to understand more about my car and what to do, etc.

First off, I'm "lucky" enough to have a pano roof. It was great while it worked, but I have been unable to use it for years now, since several of the "pegs" on the panels have come out (Where, I have no idea.), and I don't really think it's safe to drive around knowing that one of the panels could just fly off. I would LOVE to be able to have it repaired one of these days, or install just a regular sunroof.

Here is what has been done to it, or what I have done to it so far:
    - Tinted it to 18-19% as soon as I got it (can't remember exactly)
    - Learned to change my own oil and air filter
    - Replaced the passenger side mirror (after someone wrecked it in a parking lot. and left no note.)
    - Replaced one of the front grille pieces (after some hipster on a scooter kicked it in and then sped away.)
    - Replaced all the wheels with black ones (after two of the original chrome ones were damaged when being run off the road)
    - Painted the engine and battery covers
    - Painted the shift knob red after the chrome part started to peel off. Painted the brake pedal at the same time just for the hell of it.

Here is what I would like to do to it. And if I can't do it myself, have done to it. (in no particular order)
    - Install the red Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm spark plug wires that I bought from Summit Racing.
    - Install spark plugs at the same time. (pretty sure that they are the original ones) What's the preferred kind for most people?
    - Paint the calipers red.
    - Paint the interior door trims and shift plate red.
    - CRAB intake box and cold air intake system.
    - Get the strut bar from Racingline, paint it red (to match the engine and battery covers) and install it.
    - Get black eagle eye type headlights and install them. (pretty sure I can do this. I have changed the headlight bulbs previously.)
    - Plasti-dip black the trunk/back "Pontiac", "G6" and "GT" emblems and keyhole. I want to leave the Pontiac arrowhead logo alone.
    - New red or red & black leather(ish) steering wheel cover.

I know that I probably need to, and would like to, install new shocks, struts, rotors, and sway bars at some point in the near future. The brakes are less than a year old at this point. I don't really want to lower the ride, as I kinda like how it is now. Plus, I don't really plan on tinting the taillights, since I like how they look as is. I think a ram air hood would look really nice to have installed. At some point I would like to get a dual exhaust and new muffler installed, for looks and for a little rumble. I also would like to be able to find some good seats/seat covers to match or go with my red & black theme. I've seen the Circle Cool ones on ebay, but don't like that they sit on top of the seat, and don't wrap around it.

I do have some Husker stuff on my car, since they were one of my first loves. I know, I know. No sports smack talk, please. Trust me, it's been a rough several years for me. And living in SEC country doesn't help matters. I live in Atlanta, but am originally from the KC area (born in Neb.).

Anyway, any advice or tips or tricks or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Here's some pics of my ride. (I realized after taking the pics that I had missed some spots of wax that I needed to remove.) After all the above work is done, a nice, new paint job would be in the works.

I'm a huge Batman fan as well, and have a Batman sticker on the inside of the left rear window. I installed it on the inside since I've seen a lot of white stickers on the outside of cars yellow and fade over time.

Thanks for reading, and for having a great online community for all the support and advice it offers. -- Phil
    Last edited by philko80; 02-26-2014, 12:23 AM.
    -- Whatever doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger. --

Re: New member...philko80's G6 (with pics!)

PM me about headlights. I can get you set go to on a pair that'll be better than any pair of Eagle Eyes out there.

Why do you need a new paint job? The paint that's already on there looks amazing!
    Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Thank you kind sir! I've tried to keep it in good shape (regular washing and waxing), but there's some marks on the front area where a local landscaping crew scraped it up pretty good and as a result there's black marks. Also, just doing the wax this wknd I noticed lots of little scratches and nicks over the car. Would keep the same color, just get a fresh coat.

What is wrong with the eagle eye headlights out there? I've seen several forum members have them installed. Didn't know that there were problems with them. The ones I've seen have been on ebay and such. Like this:

I've seen some members crack open their headlight assemblies in order to paint 'em black and such. Is that what you are talking about? Just not sure.

Thanks for the advice and the help. Much appreciated.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Thanks Cruisin! I LOVE all the stuff that you've done to your "casual" ride. I stayed up late one night going through your entire thread where you showed the progression of your G6. Lot of cool stuff and some inspiration, that's for sure.

Comment

welcome to G6P! and DOM1NIX was suggesting a better performing set of lights.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Originally posted by philko80 View Post
              Thanks Cruisin! I LOVE all the stuff that you've done to your "casual" ride. I stayed up late one night going through your entire thread where you showed the progression of your G6. Lot of cool stuff and some inspiration, that's for sure.
              Thanks means a lot!
              I can't wait to see where your G6 ends up

Comment

EDIT: Oops, I forgot I had already posted on this thread.

There are four problems I've personally encountered with Eagle Eyes, which are:

1. The inverter for the halos is complete crap. They will usually die within a couple months.
                2. Moisture is a significant problem with these things.
                3. Although the light output from the projectors is the best out there for aftermarket projector headlights for the G6, it's still a little disappointing that they don't 100% marry up with HIDs; they will fit, but they're not the best.
                4. The UV protective coating on the lenses will start to peel, yes peel, off in 2-3 years after owning them if not taken care of properly (regular washing/waxing).

I just think for almost $300 you're not getting a completely solid product.
                Last edited by D0M1NIX; 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM.
                Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Welcome to the club!
                  Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Welcome!

mod that Biotch and get some dual tips man! - wams tune that puppy!

You done many tranny flushes?
                    Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
                      Welcome!

mod that Biotch and get some dual tips man! - wams tune that puppy!

You done many tranny flushes?
                      Thank you so much for the kind welcome. Your progression page is one I bookmarked early on, since I love what you have done, modification and performance wise. I would definitely want to get dual tips and a better exhaust system (for a bit of a rumble ) at some point in the future. They are on my list of things I am hoping to be able to get done to my car at some point in the near future.

I'm afraid that I have not yet had a trans. flush on the ride yet. (I'm sorry!) Again, this is because I was under the impression that I would be okay in waiting til I hit the 100K mark. Also, as previously stated, I'm still fairly new to learning the ins and outs of what I need to do in order to keep my ride going strong. What would your advice be at this point? And where would be the best place to go in order to get this done? Any advice or such would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

welcome aboard!!
                        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

welcomeeeeee
                          MODS: 20% tint around, 5% tint in back, Painted rims, Custom Headlights, Cold air intake, tinted tails, Superman Emblem (blacked out), Two 12s, Painted Door Trim,

Comment

Welcome!
                            2007 Pontiac G6 Sport, 3.5 AT 37xxx, That awesome blue color
                            1995 Chevrolet Silverado C2500HD Turbo Diesel, White, AT, 180xxx
                            1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5 5 speed, Red, 3.5 inch lift, 150xxx
                            1978 Chevrolet Camaro Type LT/RS 350 v8, AT, Carmine Red, 38xxx original miles

Comment

Glad to have you, Phil! Nice touch with the Batman symbol by the way. Hoping that you find some great tips and tricks here on the forum.

Best,

Amber N.
                              GM Customer Care
                              Available 8:00am-4:30pm
                              Monday-Friday

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Comment

Working...
                              X