Its back to stock for me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its back to stock for me....

I put the Sprint 1.75 drop on my 06 GTP and i had the vibration and i had to get rid of it. I weighed my options of putting on spacers, buying the eibach springs, and going back to stock and i decided just to put the big ol stock springs back on. Needless to say, this car rides great stock and it handles just fine for what i do, and i didnt want to wreck my transmission or drive shafts. I am going to try and send the springs back to the company i ordered them from and if they dont want to take them back then the springs will be for sale on here in a few weeks. I emailed back and forth with the tech department at sprint and their R&D car was an 05 v6. These springs will work for pretty much all G6's EXCEPT the 3.9 with a 6 speed manual. gay...
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

i don't know much about the springs, how will this hurt your transmission?
    2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
    Black/Black coupe

Comment

I heard of some GTP owners getting somekind of a a bad shudder upon acceleration when lowered. No idea why. Maybe that aftemarket engine shock could help correct this.
      2007 G5 Base Model
      Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

It creates too much angle for the driveshafts to turn the power smoothly and eventually it will just wear out all the moving parts connected to the shafts.
        '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

I would have to say wise choice on going back to stock suspension, lowered looks absolutely awesome but I just don't think it's worth it in the long run.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Look> long run
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

well sometimes that is true, sometimes the consequences are diminished by the great looks of the lowered car. I went through it myself on my last car but ended up taking them off because the ride was horrible.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Seriously though, its all in what you are into. On my truck, i 4 wheel it cause i like to, but i am replacing front end suspension parts all the time. But i willing to pay that money, cause i enjoy wheeling. You willing to accept certain things for the gain of other things.. If that makes sense
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

On stock struts I don't think it's worth it, they wear out fast enough on their own not to mention when you put even more stress on them.

Comment

the struts were the last of my worries. i could handle the ride quality it wasnt too bad at all, i just was worried about that shaking. it just sucks that i happen to have the only engine/transmission combination that has the problems. if i would have gone auto i would have not had this problem and i would have had remote start! (but i still love the F40)
                    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

damn so if you plan on keeping your car for a long time, lowering isnt probably the best idea?
                      2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                      Black/Black coupe

Comment

^agreed

Comment

im sure its ok as long as you dont go too low and cause problems like the vibration
                          '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

I'm going to keep my ride lowered. Sometimes a little sacrifice, pays dividends.
                            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                            Forge Motorsports BPV
                            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

yeah i hear you, youre probably just fine. Im just a paranoid person and things like this make my head hurt if i dont deal with it
                              '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                              X