It made me want to punch a baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It made me want to punch a baby!

I was driving to work this morning. I was on highway 52, the main drag through Lafayette. I heard my radar detector going crazy, then I saw why. There was a wreck at the first major intersection. I drove by and the detector was still going crazy. Then I saw another wreck at the next intersection. I was muttering under my breath bitching about stupid drivers who don't know how to drive in slick conditions. Then I stopped at the red light at the next intersection, where US52 and US26 intersect. I was sitting there picking a nice angry Tool song on my Monsoon (I went with "Hooker with a Penis", how appropriate). So I'm sitting there jamming, and I hear the horrid THUNK on my trunk. My face instantly turned beet red. I threw the door open and got out ready to start swinging. Luckily the ground was too slick so I just ended up sliding around on my feet looking like an aggressively drunk business man. The other driver got out of the car and said it didn't look too bad. I was too pissed off to speak, so I grabbed my cell and dialed 911. The thing that really pissed me off was he said his antilock brakes kicked in and he didn't think they were working well enough, so he pulled the e-brake. Jackass! No wonder he slid into me.

It ended up we just swapped insurance info and I called the police back and asked if it was okay if we just left. They said it was okay with them if it was okay with us. So I go into the guy's insurance company tomorrow morning to get the estimate. It really wasn't that bad (His was worse, lol). But no one was hurt, and perhaps I'm a little too attached to Rosey. Anyway, sounds like it's gonna work out, but they'll probably have to replace the whole bumper. I doubt they're gonna try to patch it up because it dug in pretty deep.

***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

holy crap!!! that really sucks man!

but on a lighter note, Dane Cook FTW!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama

Dane's the man! At least he brought some humor into the situation.
      ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

sorry to hear it man

but I'm glad it wasn't worse
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Hand brake, nice!
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, Clint. Let us know how goes it tomorrow.
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

They'll probably just patch it, that's what they did with mine. Sorry to hear that though.

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                Originally posted by HottG6Mama

Dane's the man! At least he brought some humor into the situation.
                That does suck and I agree with you totally being mad.. if it were me I 100% would have went on a baby punching tangent
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

You got out nicely.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

That sucks! Glad to hear it wasn't serious though.

Comment

sucks but at least it wasn't as bad as mine

I feel your pain though-I'd rather be stabbed in the heart than have my damn car damaged
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Got the estimate from the AllState guy today, he said they could patch the red part of the bumper, but the black section underneath will have to be replaced because it's textured.

$148.02 Parts & Material
                        $8.88 Tax
                        $306 Labor
                        ------------------------------
                        $462.90 Total

Comment

wow, e brake on ice, smooth
                          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Yeah it's good times with the e-brake when you want to slide, not so good when you want to stop in a hurry.

Comment

Re: It made me want to punch a baby!

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                              IIt made me want to punch a baby!

[/img]
                              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                              ^ The Man
                              v The Legend

Comment

Working...
                              X