New user and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user and a question

Hello! I'm new to the forum/ Actually, this is my first forum. Looking for advice on keeping my Pontiac in tip-top shape. First things first, I need a new filler neck. I recently took a road trip and noticed after staying overnight in a hotel that it has difficult to get the gas pump in the next day. (Not sure if it was from wear, or if someone damaged the neck/opening while trying to siphon my gas?) When pumping gas, it shuts off at the pump every few seconds and I need to re-position the nozzle throughout. Filling up takes forever. Its getting looser and the plastic opening is tumbling around, and there is a flap of metal that partially obstructs. Do I need to replace the entire filler neck? Where is the best and most price effective place to get this? Iv'e looked at places like rockauto.com and not sure if I'd want a junkyard/used one. Any ideas? Is there somewhere else I should post this request for help?

Re: New user and a question

Welcome to the club!
    Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Originally posted by winnie_stardust View Post
      Hello! I'm new to the forum/ Actually, this is my first forum. Looking for advice on keeping my Pontiac in tip-top shape. First things first, I need a new filler neck. I recently took a road trip and noticed after staying overnight in a hotel that it has difficult to get the gas pump in the next day. (Not sure if it was from wear, or if someone damaged the neck/opening while trying to siphon my gas?) When pumping gas, it shuts off at the pump every few seconds and I need to re-position the nozzle throughout. Filling up takes forever. Its getting looser and the plastic opening is tumbling around, and there is a flap of metal that partially obstructs. Do I need to replace the entire filler neck? Where is the best and most price effective place to get this? Iv'e looked at places like rockauto.com and not sure if I'd want a junkyard/used one. Any ideas? Is there somewhere else I should post this request for help?
      Go to a local GM Dealership to have them look at it 1st....

Welcome to the Forums!
      Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
        Go to a local GM Dealership to have them look at it 1st....

Welcome to the Forums!
        Agreed. If they say that it needs to be replaced, then go to Rockauto or the junkyard. Dealerships usually overcharge for parts.
        Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
        CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
        AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

Welcome!
          GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
          2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Plasti-dipped Emblems | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABs Opt. 3 + FPU | OBX Exhaust | Eibach Springs |

Current Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | IMOLA RED | 6MT

Comment

Welcome to the boards. Here is the part number for the neck. GM Part# 20900338 google that and you get tons of hits new and used. Also unless you have warrenty left. I would skip the dealer. Mine charges $70 just to look at the car. Thats half the price of a new neck. Just sayin...
            sigpic

Comment

mine does the same thing on a pump that seems a little over zealous about dispensing go juice..

sometimes i have to only use the first click on the pump.. or i have to do it by hand.. i think its a pressure relief hose thats too small for the tank..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Welcome aboard. You gotta start somewhere and this is a pretty good place to get your feet wet.
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                X