Cobalt SS/SC Test Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobalt SS/SC Test Drive

first of all, its a 2007 Cobalt SS/SC with only 29 km on it. i was driving it around and found the ride to be pretty simmilar to my former Cobalt LS, except for the power (obviously).
    so i come up to a stop sign and all of the sudden, the car stalls...i have been driving stick for years, the clutch was in. i restarted the car, and watched the tach as the car revved itself about 4 times, then died again....it did this 2 more times.
    as hard as it was to see out of the back, part of me thought about buying the car and just removing the spoiler after i bought it.
    so eventually when we got the damn car going, we took it back to the stealership, and the salesman was still hell bent on selling me that damn car...

bottom line....BCG6GT's Review....the Cobalt SS/SC is a great quick car (when it actually runs) even though seeing out of the back is a bitch.

i thought you guys might like to hear how a brand new car can break down on a test drive.

Ciao

Originally posted by TLS2000
    They cleaned my thing out
    g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
    2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

should have pressed for a discount since it stalled
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

nice
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

god that's horrible, I test drove one a little over a year ago and I loved the get up and go but it was still a "little" car so I ended up with the G6 and I'm much happier.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

That had to be embarassing - for the salesman!

I test drove SS/SC's on two different occasions. I liked the first one, and came back several days later (in the daylight) to drive one again. Unfortunately I was turned off by the yellow leather inserts on the door panels which were really distracting in the bright sunshine (can you imagine, say, BMW using distracting bright stuff in their interiors? Its the Ultimate Driving Machine, after all). And yes, that big spoiler is too much.

Eventually I settled on the SS/NA with the all-black interior. Much cleaner ride in my opinion!

Comment

Yeah.. I agree that the SS's are a little bit tacky on the inside.. but my boyfriend has a black one with red inserts on the interior, and IMO it looks pretty nice(although I prefer my G6's interior over that one)..

But what's pumping under the hood, well that's a different story, I LOVE driving in that car

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Working...
              X