Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good oil filter write up

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilte ... study.html

check it out - break down all those oil filters.
    2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
    Black/Black coupe

Yeup its the best writeup around!
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

That's a pretty comprehensive writeup. Looks like the Delco filters (what I use) are pretty good though.

Comment

I always use the Delco, except I think I tried something else this time around-I don't even remember what it was now
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Is there anywhere that you can buy the Delco filters in Canada other than the dealership? $14/filter is a little expensive.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I think Canadian tire has them...maybe?

I usually buy 6 or so at a time and the dealer gives me a "fleet" discount....I think they cost me around $7-$8 a piece.

Comment

Canadian tire has K&N, Motomaster and FRAM.

Partsource has FRAM, and Mobil1, but not the right size for the 3900.

I haven't checked out NAPA yet..

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I also like Wix filters, they're about 10 bucks.
                2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I pay 5 bucks total for a AC Delcos at my dealership.

You can also look around for the Purolator ones, same filter and they are usually at least a couple bucks cheaper. That is what I usually get since I get them for cost at Silver Automotive.

Comment

What do you do to get all these cheap goods in Lethbridge?

Comment

Just know people, I've known Chad and Brad at the parts department for a long time. It helps to know all the managers in all the departments well, so I just wonder around a lot of the time. Where did you get your G6? If you got it from them you should complain more and get discounts

And Silver the owners are just close friends of the family, plus my brother has worked for them in his spare time.

Comment

Napa uses wix even their napa brand are wix filters... they should have delco because at least in the U.S. 90% of dealer parts come from NAPA or other parts stores because they are ac delco parts....
                        Originally posted by Toyz
                        Originally posted by simplyred
                        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Isn't AC Delco owned by GM though?

sigpic

Comment

If Im not mistaken yes, but the prices that say NAPA buys oil filters for makes GM money and the break that we give dealerships for buying them in mass quantity saves them money and still makes NAPA money, also its a matter of how quick the dealrship needs something.
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by simplyred
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yeah it's a division of General Motors.

Comment

Working...
                              X