2007 G6 GT Convertible trunk specs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 G6 GT Convertible trunk specs.

Does anyone know the specs? I would measure it myself but I don't have my car for a while. Getting body work done. I'm thinking about adding a truck box for subwoofers or any box that fits. I need the specs with the top up. Trying to fit a box in the area where the trunk cover goes.
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

I don't have the specs for the trunk, but would measure it for you if you describe exactly where the measurements you desire are. I am not understanding exactly where you wish to install a sub. It is my guess that we have zero space for anything if you are talking about replacing the plastic peice at the forward portion of the trunk with the spool for the cover attached to it. I am willing to help but I have to go to Vegas for a week for business. Send me a pm if you want the help.

Comment

What’s not so common is the retractable hard top, which in the G6’s case, eats up every bit of usable trunk space when lowered. Unlike the Volvo C70 that protects a small cubby, the Pontiac goes from 12.6 cubic feet with the top up to 2.2 cubic feet with the top down. One would be hard pressed to find enough space in there for an empty briefcase or a bachelor’s bag of groceries (a.k.a. a six-pack of Bud Light). Fortunately, the rear seat can be used for cargo when multiple passengers aren’t part of the equation.
      that's what I found out about convertible trunk space

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully I get my car tomorrow and can figure it out. Im planning on adding a truck subwoofer box with possibly 2 8" subwoofers or 2 10" subwoofers. Just trying to see if anything can fit inside.
        2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Does anyone know where the factory amp is for the convertible?

Comment

Do you plan to never put your top down again?

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Nah. If I can fit any box in there and still be able to put the top down ill be happy. Its better than no bass.

Comment

I test drove a few convertibles before I got my coupe, and I was really struck by the lack of trunk space with the top down. you have like 2" from the top of the spare to the cover you have to put in place to put the top up. There is also no room right behind the rear seats either, if you were to put any sub box in their, whatsoever, you would have to remove it when you put the top down, or things break (like back windows).

One solution may be to put an sub in with quick disconnects, and put it in the back seat (with another pair of quick connects back there) for when the top is down. or take out the back seats and put the sub back there and make your convertible coupe into a roadster.

I for one have been very happy with the low-end performance of the stock monsoon system you may be too, but then again I am 40 years old and I don't understand the whole rattle the neighborhood sub craze.

good luck too you

Comment

What about using the space where the spare tire is?
                  Crimson Brotherhood Member

Comment

Well I am happy with the monsoon but I want a little more kick. Anyways I found a box that will fit in the car even with the top down. It can hold 2 12" subs. Thinking about getting that, along with an alpine amp that can fit under the passenger seat, and 2 Alpine type S subwoofers. Oh yeah cant forget the dynamat.

Comment

Just a thought... Doesn't the Mitsu eclipse have the subs mounted betweent the rear seats? That might be an idea.

Comment

Even if it does fit, the bass will probably suck considering you will have the top of the car in the way...?

Johh
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                        X