Viper 791xv Alram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viper 791xv Alram

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the G6 is a very very hard car to install an alarm. I went to a radio installation shop to have them install the viper 791xv pager alarm with remote start which I alreay have. So all I had to do was pay for installation. The shop said they were going to charge $200 even. When they pulled up the info on the car they saw that it required 2 modules one for the door locks and the other for bypass for something. He was going to charge $50.00 each. I saw those parts online at circuit city.com for $100.00 each. So I am already at $300.00 for installation until he saw that there were 16 notes on the G6. "notes by extra work required just for it to work" So he said by the amount of work that it would take that he had to charge another $100. So altogether he charged $400.00. Just for installation. So I said forget it. I went to another place and again this new guy said it would be alot of work but he only charged $260.00 I dropped it off at 10:00 am. and I picked it up at 6:30pm and he said it's only halfway done which he had already said would probly take 2 days anyways. He told me the installers said this was the hardet car they have ever worked on. So just a heads up to those of you who want to install any type of aftermarket alarm .[/i]

Awesome

Might be easier to just throw LoJac in these biatches??

And no not me but the car alarm LoJac that tracks the car before any smart asses pipe up.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

trunk or backseat.....
      2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

damn...or it might be cheaper to just put yourself through a mobile electronics school and do it yourself
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i installed my 791xv on my Jimmy myself. even had to wire my door poppers for my shaved handles to it while i was at it. it is a tricky unit to instal the first time, but if the professionals are having a tough time with this than i might just skip on doing mine myself. i will have to check it out sometime. i wonder what is causing them so much grief. did they mention anything specific?

Comment

i dunno it doesn't look too difficult from behind a computer screen.

i went onto Directed's installer help page (Directed = DEI, they make Viper, Clifford, Python, among others) and looked up all the wire locations for a 2006 G6 and all of them except for 2 are located in the BCM. this car even has wires that show 12volt when the lock/unlock motors are in use, that is an awesome security feature. you do need to use relays for the lock/unlock features though, they both run through the same wire but at different resistances, which is odd.

their site also lists the 2 bypass modules, one for the starter intrerupt and one for the door locks. i dunno if maybe they guys at the instal shop are trying to screw you becuase it is a new vehicle or what, but it really doesn't look any more difficult than any other alarm/remote start instal.

and those "notes" you are talking about, almost all of them are the same. like i said most of the wires connect through the BCM, for every wire that connects to the BCM there is a note explaining where it is, exact same note. there were relevant ones for the lock/unlock wire and one or two others i noticed, but most of them were the same.

EDIT: just for the record, i went through and checked every single "Note" on their wiring guide and of the 19 notes, only 2 of them are not telling where the BCM is located. either your instal guys are using incredibly confusing instructions or they are just trying to take advantage of you. at least that is how it looks to me.

sorry, one more edit i looked up the 2 bypass modules on ebay, one was about $50 shipped (456LW for door locks) the other was about $30 for the highest priced one shipped (556UW for the starter kill bypass).

Comment

i am waiting to hear back about getting alarm put in but i want my alarm to be able to start the car starter so i can tell thats gonna be lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & fun i am sure
              My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Originally posted by ginuwine
                i am waiting to hear back about getting alarm put in but i want my alarm to be able to start the car starter so i can tell thats gonna be lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & fun i am sure
                791XV is a full function alarm and remote start system. i am not sure about tying into the factory remote start, but it contains a very nice remote start feature itself. i especially like the ability to drive down the street, set the remote start while the car is still running, and take my key out of the ignition, lock the truck, go in and buy a cup of coffee and come back out and get in my truck and go. no turning off the engine and no leaving the keys in the car. since i have shaved door handles leaving the keys in the vehicle are kind of not an option anyway.

Comment

its just that the car is on lease not sure if i am gonna but it or not & theres already a starter on it seems like such a waste to not use it & if i turn car back on off lease i am sure they will want factory starter to work still

Comment

I don't think it will disable the factory remote start, but don't use it with the alarm as it would most certainly cause havoc!
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

this is my other option

Comment

Originally posted by ginuwine

Check your GM Dealer, they have a couple GM car alarms (obviously bought from someone else since you can track your vehicle online, limit etc.). And it wouldn't void your warranty.
                        Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

Working...
                        X