6x9 not working properly need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6x9 not working properly need help

i have two new rockfordfosgate power t1693 but not sure how to wire them up there is 4 wires whin there should be only 2 whin i took out the old 6x9s

Re: 6x9 not working properly need help

are they dual voice coil 6x9's?
    if so just wire them up in parallel which would drop the impedence to a 2 ohm load you have an aftermarket radio right?

Comment

Do you have the premium sound package? If so, your rear speakers are 6x9 subs with (I think) 5 1/4" floating mains. Hence the four wires.
      Time to nut up or shut up

My progression thus far

Comment

Yea like everyone's saying here if you have the Monsoon audio the rear 6x9 are coaxial dual voice coils. Basically two speakers in one. Like they said you can run the new speakers in parallel but it changes the impedance to 2ohm. So it depends on if you have a stock radio / deck or not.

The other solution is to wire in one, and buy a seperate set of tweeters and wire that into the 2nd set of wires.

That's what I did on my G6 back in the day for my front speakers. The speakers of the driver and passenger front doors were blown. They had one single input for the speakers and separate stock tweeters near the side mirrors. So i bought a speaker kit that came with a crossover that i wired into the input, then went to the speaker, and to a new set of tweeters that I mounted over the stock tweeter location. Better quality and cheaper than stock.

I have to do something in the G8 soon.. the G8's rear driver side door speaker is coaxial like this, and its blown. No real easy coaxials they sell to fit it so I might have to replace it with stock.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Yea like everyone's saying here if you have the Monsoon audio the rear 6x9 are coaxial dual voice coils. Basically two speakers in one. Like they said you can run the new speakers in parallel but it changes the impedance to 2ohm. So it depends on if you have a stock radio / deck or not.

The other solution is to wire in one, and buy a seperate set of tweeters and wire that into the 2nd set of wires.

That's what I did on my G6 back in the day for my front speakers. The speakers of the driver and passenger front doors were blown. They had one single input for the speakers and separate stock tweeters near the side mirrors. So i bought a speaker kit that came with a crossover that i wired into the input, then went to the speaker, and to a new set of tweeters that I mounted over the stock tweeter location. Better quality and cheaper than stock.

I have to do something in the G8 soon.. the G8's rear driver side door speaker is coaxial like this, and its blown. No real easy coaxials they sell to fit it so I might have to replace it with stock.
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Working...
          X