Engine Temp Gage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Temp Gage

I would like to now how to read the engine temperature on my 2008 G6. The gage is marked at 100, 225, & 260, and the scale apparently changes in the middle. What are the readings at the other marks?

Re: Engine Temp Gage

the line just above 225º is operating temp (on the LZ9 3.9L) of around 235º-240º

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

The calibration of engine temperature and fuel gauges are terribly inaccurate. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the readings.

Some manufacturers even went so far as to meter the engine temperature digitally and then displaying it using an analog gauge fooling you to believe that it is more accurate than it really is.

Comment

if you want accurate readings. I would recommend getting the DashBoss

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
          if you want accurate readings. I would recommend getting the DashBoss
          The torque app is also fairly accurate.

Comment

Working...
          X