"G6" on the tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "G6" on the tach

just wondering why they didnt make it so the "G6" printed on the tach doesnt light up with the rest of the numbers. i know its a minor detail but i think it would be pimp if it did.
    2006 G6 GTP 6MT
    GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI

cut it out and throw an led behind it

Comment

i didnt notice when I installed the white gauges but arent those already cut out? (would just need an led)
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
        i didnt notice when I installed the white gauges but arent those already cut out? (would just need an led)
        nah, it's solid

Comment

you can tell it's just printed on the overlay
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I was thinking about this also. It would look sweet if the G6 letters lit up red like the rest of the instrument panel.

Comment

It's spelled "tacH".

It would have been a nice touch if it lit up.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

c'mon, everybody knows that GM ran out of LEDs after they did the door switches, so they didn't have enough for the mirror controls or tapshift '+' and '-'...you expect them to light up the 'G6' on the tach?
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I wondered the same thing. Do it up and let us see.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

speaking of the tapshift + -, that would be the tits it they lit up when you threw the bitch down into tapshift, but of course not!!!!
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

It sucks when car makers are stiffs with the LEDs. Just make everything light up!
                      2007 Crimson Red/ Ebony GT
                      Sun and Sound/Side Airbags/XM
                      Next Mod: Cold Air Intake (Date TBA)

2nd VP/ Crimson Brotherhood

Comment

Very disappointed with Tapshift not being backlight
                        Crimson Brotherhood Member

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                          It's spelled "tacH".

It would have been a nice touch if it lit up.
                          good call. tach...ive been meaning to fix that. i just figured out how to edit.
                          2006 G6 GTP 6MT
                          GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                            c'mon, everybody knows that GM ran out of LEDs after they did the door switches, so they didn't have enough for the mirror controls or tapshift '+' and '-'...you expect them to light up the 'G6' on the tach?
                            Very true! I was wondering about the tap shift as well.. I just thought mine was burnt out or fell out or something ( which would not have surprised me as well) but now i get it.

Comment

they do look sort of opaque over the + and - so I'm wondering if some led's were just put back there if they would work. Just have to tap into the power wire from the leds lighting up the shifter right next to it......hmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X