Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CT G6P Forum crawler

Hey G6P!

Name is Connor and last October I picked up a 2007 G6 GT. My profile pic is the first night I saw her. This is my second car (only 19 years old), not only my second car, my second Pontiac, before this i purchased a 2002 Pontiac sunfire. I had been shopping around for a few months because it was getting close to my birthday and i felt the need to reward myself for being the youngest Harley Davidson salesman in the country! aha so naturally im 19 and wanted a sports coupe of some sort, but when i saw this on the lot...whew... I knew that was the one. This particular one is a 3.9L lz9 four door sedan, and its got every option on it except remote start ( however only due to the fact that its a six-speed manual). I know a thing or two about cars, and more than that about bikes, but I've got big plans for my 6! so far the collective of anything ive done was just a clutch cable replacement in march, and i replaced the stock resonator with a 32 inch thrush glass pack. Theres a laundry list of things to do for me to ever be satisfied with this car heres just a few:

Second half of exhaust: option 1) cut the silencer off the glasspack and let the glass pack be the exhaust ( would leave silencer on so the tips still show)
    option 2) replace the silencer with a flowmaster 80 series, so it flows from glass pack to flowmaster

Spyder projection halo's: the chrome ones, led turn signals, 6000k HID lows, undecided on highs and fogs(taking suggestions)
    LED Tail lights: this is a maybe, really depends on what products i can find, haven't seen much out there as of yet
    Third Brake light vinyl: just so people behind me understand in lighting that its a g6...lol
    ice white interior led's for the dome and map lights

as far as interior goes, eventually ill get g6 floor mats, was thinking about nice seat covers with a red insert in the center, looking into trim options as far as the pieces around the radio and on the door and the wheel( i enjoy carbon fiber, but i dont want to wrap my interior in it, might be a little too try hard)

definitely want to do the badges, either a gray that matches the paint or a black maybe

been on the lookout for a used car dealer with a g6 gt on the lot, Im going to try to trade them my rims and maybe some cash for the chrome gt or gxp rims, but i would have to take my tires, cause the dealer i bought it from put brand new hankook high performance summer tires on it for no reason

gonna do the trim in between the door posts in chrome

already have plans in the works for the cold air intake, apparently the cai is a match to the 3.9L and doesnt need any tweaking for it to work properly with that engines fuel management and other delicate electronically controlled functions

tints are going to happen, i want a fairly reflective titanium tint if i can find it around here, that way i wont have to go too dark with it because the reflective film would help a lot

it may sound like im doing a lot by the way of looks and not performance, but there is an added this is my daily driver factor, with the maybe 255 hp it has it slips the tires if im pulling into traffic and i need to high tail it

OH big one, need to get rid of the limiter...these cars are easily capable of the 140 on the speedo, its a shame they gotta cut these cars off at the balls, so if anyone has insight into that it would be appreciated

so thats that, ive got a lot to do on this car, and im still half and half on upgrading the sound system, partially because i dont want to give up a six cd changer

im from central CT and at this time i work for a home security firm as a resoloutions manager, feel free to ask me questions, i do have a fair amount of insight into this car. there are a lot of interesting things about G6's, i personally believe this is a cut above the midsize sedan market, theres almost nothing to complain about( cough* cupholder placement on a manual) but these dont get the recognition they deserve, a stock 3.9L GT will smoke a subaru sti, evos, bmw 3 series and m3's, and my personal favorite to smoke is my friends mini cooper S, for the record, 3.9L GT models will do 0-60 according to the factory in 6.2 seconds, which is a full second faster than almost anything else in this class of sedan, its a second faster to 60 and a second faster on a quarter mile than a mini cooper S.

LEND ME YOUR OPINIONS ON ANYTHING SEEN ABOVE, I am ecstatic to talk to other G6'ers because i dont know anyone who owns one besides me

overall pontiac g6 gt: interior 8/10 exterior 7/10 performance 8/10( for what it is) ride comfort and quality 9/10........but that ability of the gt models suspension is that unlike anything ive seen on a car thats worth less than 40g's my parents have an acura TSX that doesnt stick to the road or stay as flat as my 6
    Current Mods:
    Lighting: DDM Tuning 55w 6000k low beams, 35w fogs, SuperbrightLEDs.com LED red Map and Dome lights, LED Tail light bulbs W/ triple flash
    Interior: 21 Piece upholstery covers: seats, headrests, steering wheel, seat belt covers, floor mats, all in black with red accents.... 2008 Radio W/ Aux input
    Sound: Dual 12 inch pioneer tsw-304R Subwoofers in individual 3/4 inch HDF Vented Boxes, RCA Hi-Lo converter with 12v remote source, Kole Audio 600Wx2 Amp
    Exterior: Gloss Black Painted trim W/ a custom red touch ( grill rings, window trim), Contrast Cut Painted 18" rims (Stock rim painted)
    Performance: CRAB CAB with FPU, Resonator Replaced with Glasspack, Max Advanced Brakes Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors + ceramic pads
    Repair: Replace F40 Transmission in August 2013, Replaced shifter cable assembly, Flex Pipe Replaced April 2014

To Come!: Tints (Ct legal limit), Remove intake resonator, NGK laser iridium spark plugs

Re: New CT G6P Forum crawler

Welcome to the forum GibbySG6

That's a very nice G6. Please send me a message if you ever have any warranty questions or other questions about your G6.

Jackie
    GM Customer Care
    Available 8:00am-4:30pm
    Monday-Friday

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Comment

Go with eagle eyes not spyder's..much better quality. Welcome though!
      Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

"Life's short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse."

Comment

Sounds like you have the somewhat rare 2007 GT Sport Package which is essentially the 2006 GTP. Why in the world would you want to trade your alloy GTP wheels for plastic chrome GT or GXP wheels?... I'm sure you will get a lot of takers on this site for that trade!

Sport Package - $1,190
        3880 cc 3.9 liters 6 engine with 99.0 mm bore, 84.0 mm stroke, 9.8 compression ratio, overhead valve, variable valve timing/camshaft and two valves per cylinder LZ9; Power: 179 kW , 240 HP SAE @ 6000 rpm; 240 ft lb , 325 Nm SAE @ 4600 rpm; Manual six-speed transmission with shift lever on floor, 3.770:1 first gear ratio, 2.040:1 second gear ratio, 1.320:1 third gear ratio, 0.950:1 fourth gear ratio, 0.760:1 fifth gear ratio, 0.620:1 sixth gear ratio and 3.540:1 reverse gear ratio F40; Front and rear alloy wheels with 18 inch rim diam; Front and rear tires with 225 mm tire width, 50% tire profile and black sidewall; Stability control; Excludes: [JF4] Power Adjust Brake & Accelerator Pedals And [LZ4] Engine, 3.5L V6 SFI And [MN5] Transmission, 4-Speed Automatic; If: [PDEa] Sun & Sound Package; Or [PDEb] Sun & Sound Package; New Price 965.00:

Comment

That brings up an interesting few points already, whats the quality difference between the eagle eyes and spyders?

and i wasnt aware it was a fake plastic chrome, I like the chrome as an accent, and its still relatively close to design to the five spoke on there, but knowing that changes my mind, previous owner added some curb rash to the front passenger rim, thats why i wanted the change partially, also he must have gotten that wheel hub good because i get a vibration and a little shake if I ride the brakes from 80 down to 50, thats going to be looked at soon, and as long as theyre looking at the suspension components i might take the opportunity to instal some slotted rotors ive been sitting on
          Current Mods:
          Lighting: DDM Tuning 55w 6000k low beams, 35w fogs, SuperbrightLEDs.com LED red Map and Dome lights, LED Tail light bulbs W/ triple flash
          Interior: 21 Piece upholstery covers: seats, headrests, steering wheel, seat belt covers, floor mats, all in black with red accents.... 2008 Radio W/ Aux input
          Sound: Dual 12 inch pioneer tsw-304R Subwoofers in individual 3/4 inch HDF Vented Boxes, RCA Hi-Lo converter with 12v remote source, Kole Audio 600Wx2 Amp
          Exterior: Gloss Black Painted trim W/ a custom red touch ( grill rings, window trim), Contrast Cut Painted 18" rims (Stock rim painted)
          Performance: CRAB CAB with FPU, Resonator Replaced with Glasspack, Max Advanced Brakes Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors + ceramic pads
          Repair: Replace F40 Transmission in August 2013, Replaced shifter cable assembly, Flex Pipe Replaced April 2014

To Come!: Tints (Ct legal limit), Remove intake resonator, NGK laser iridium spark plugs

Comment

oh and it is a leftover 06 gtp for the 07 gt year, and it does have the sun and sound package, not sure if its the a or b but its the upgraded monsoon system, only two options it really doesnt have, remote start and a pano roof
            Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by GibbySG6 View Post
              That brings up an interesting few points already, whats the quality difference between the eagle eyes and spyders?

and i wasnt aware it was a fake plastic chrome, I like the chrome as an accent, and its still relatively close to design to the five spoke on there, but knowing that changes my mind, previous owner added some curb rash to the front passenger rim, thats why i wanted the change partially, also he must have gotten that wheel hub good because i get a vibration and a little shake if I ride the brakes from 80 down to 50, thats going to be looked at soon, and as long as theyre looking at the suspension components i might take the opportunity to instal some slotted rotors ive been sitting on
              The light output of the eagle eyes are much better than the spyders and also look much better in my opinion. The brightness of the halo's are probably on par with newer BMW's.
              Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

"Life's short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse."

Comment

Thats what im going for, not looking to make it flashy or ricey, simple clean and classy mods, not even looking to roast the tires off of this, ive already gotten two speeding tickets and just got out of a reckless operation charge, theres nothing i can do to this car that will make it fast enough to not get tickets, so ill settle for a little faster than most everything out there, and ill let my yamaha r1 get me out of speeding tickets lmao
                Current Mods:

Comment

Welcome to G6P man. Im also from CT so if you need any help just let me know. And looks like you got a good find and have some good plans. Good luck!
                  2007 Pontiac G6 Sport, 3.5 AT 37xxx, That awesome blue color
                  1995 Chevrolet Silverado C2500HD Turbo Diesel, White, AT, 180xxx
                  1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5 5 speed, Red, 3.5 inch lift, 150xxx
                  1978 Chevrolet Camaro Type LT/RS 350 v8, AT, Carmine Red, 38xxx original miles

Comment

Welcome. Also live in the same tiny state. Came from a 2003 sunfire to a g6 back when I was 19 as well ha.

I'm actually finishing up my last semester at ccsu right now.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
                    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                    2005 CGM GTO.
                    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
                      Welcome. Also live in the same tiny state. Came from a 2003 sunfire to a g6 back when I was 19 as well ha.

I'm actually finishing up my last semester at ccsu right now.

When did you get a G8? cause I'm already looking towards the future! go from a stripped out sunfire to a loaded g6 to a g8 gxp or something
                      Current Mods:

Comment

When did you get a G8? cause I'm already looking towards the future! go from a stripped out sunfire to a loaded g6 to a g8 gxp or something
                        2003 Sunfire Something-Gold-Metallic from 2004 > 2007.
                        2006 G6 GTP Stealth Gray Metallic from 2007 to July 2009
                        2005 GTO Cyclone Gray from July 2009 to Aug 2012
                        2009 G8 GT Sport Red Metallic from Aug 2012 to Present.

GXP's are uber rare. Only 1,500 made. Half of them are stick which are the only one's I'd consider. To boot if I ever owned a GXP it could not be a daily driver due to rarity, and that fact that GXP front bumpers and other unique parts are uber hard to find in case of accidents. And I couldn't have two cars right now. Can't afford insurance and still with the parents and they don't want extra cars in the driveway. Their driveway, their say. Otherwise I would have kept my GTO and gotten a daily driver since my GTO needed some major TLC an work approaching 90,000mi. (Rear main seal, rear end, entire rear suspension, BCM wiring harness was bad, etc..).

Plus I would never drive a GXP in the winter up here. I ran my GTO through winters with Blizzak WS60 snow tires. On my G8 GT same deal, got a separate set of rims with Blizzak WS70 snow tires on it.

We had a G8 meet here in town last fall. Got people from NJ, Mass, RI, NY to alll come. Had a dozen of us, two were uber rare GXP's. I drooled a bit.
                        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

oh epic, I love the sleeper, four doors, big V8, rwd, that new chevy ss is something else, like a pheonix born from the ashes of pontiac, it could end up as a severely sought after and successful vehicle, always liked the vauxhalls and holdens that the g8 and ss and other new muscle type cars are bred from, Recently i got a job offer to manage the phone and internet sales division for Gengras Automotive group, they are bringing Harley Davidson into it and needed someone with experience in phone and internet sales that knew something about harley's, somehow at 19 my resume reflects that, currently a resolutions manager for a home security company, and when i was 18 i was the youngest Harley davidson salesman in the country working at yankee harley in bristol

so if i take this job, and the more stable pay increase, i could afford a G8...soon...i wanna pay at least half of the g6 off first, cause trade in values blow as we all know, and i dont want to be anywhere close to upside down on the loan, being a salesman i got a good deal on the car, i also think crowley didnt have a clue what they had on their lot, i got out the door, taxes, reg, financing, everything, off the lot at exactly $10,000...for a car that was listed at 14 and could fetch 12 before tax and reg with all the options its got

two biggest complaints (actually the only ones) about the g6

1) the cupholders on a stick are terrible, its designed for the auto, so anything taller than a soda can gets in the way of your arm

2) its got a cable operated shifter that passes through the firewall... this is merely a lack of forward thinking on behalf of GM, in a car with so many common sense features and options, it doesnt make sense for them to install what is just purely an inferior product into it, its like a giant sundae but your only option for topping is peanuts... and youre allergic to them
                          Current Mods:

Comment

oh epic, I love the sleeper, four doors, big V8, rwd, that new chevy ss is something else, like a pheonix born from the ashes of pontiac, it could end up as a severely sought after and successful vehicle, always liked the vauxhalls and holdens that the g8 and ss and other new muscle type cars are bred from, Recently i got a job offer to manage the phone and internet sales division for Gengras Automotive group, they are bringing Harley Davidson into it and needed someone with experience in phone and internet sales that knew something about harley's, somehow at 19 my resume reflects that, currently a resolutions manager for a home security company, and when i was 18 i was the youngest Harley davidson salesman in the country working at yankee harley in bristol

so if i take this job, and the more stable pay increase, i could afford a G8...soon...i wanna pay at least half of the g6 off first, cause trade in values blow as we all know, and i dont want to be anywhere close to upside down on the loan, being a salesman i got a good deal on the car, i also think crowley didnt have a clue what they had on their lot, i got out the door, taxes, reg, financing, everything, off the lot at exactly $10,000...for a car that was listed at 14 and could fetch 12 before tax and reg with all the options its got

two biggest complaints (actually the only ones) about the g6

1) the cupholders on a stick are terrible, its designed for the auto, so anything taller than a soda can gets in the way of your arm

2) its got a cable operated shifter that passes through the firewall... this is merely a lack of forward thinking on behalf of GM, in a car with so many common sense features and options, it doesnt make sense for them to install what is just purely an inferior product into it, its like a giant sundae but your only option for topping is peanuts... and youre allergic to them
                            Well. They did only offer the manual on the 2006 and some limited 2007s with the 3.9L the dropped it.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X