2006 Pontiac G6 Emergency Brake is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Pontiac G6 Emergency Brake is not working

I just changed the rear brakes and calipers. My brakes work fine but the emergency brake doe snot work. I did not initially replace the calipers but al local mechanic said that was the problem. I replaced the calipers today and the emergency brake still does not work (hold) at all. I back up several times and raised the lever up and down several times without luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

(2006 G6 Convertible; 6 cylinder; 3.5 l)

Thanks!
    Bob...

Re: 2006 Pontiac G6 Emergency Brake is not working

Are you sure you reconnected the cables in the correct fashion? Can you post a pic? This happened to a friend of mine, his problem was that he connected the cable to the wrong part of the lever or something and it just slipped out. Not sure of the specifics though.

Comment

I will try to get some pictures but am using the car this week for work. No emergency brake but the brakes are working fine. I copied the layout of what was there and there is only one connection for the e-brake. Thanks for the reply and I will try to get some pitcures during the week.

Comment

I don't know if this is related but...I just read somewhere about the parking brake lever? I remember seeing a "lever" on the rear brake caliper and what I read said it should be against the stops? When I installed the new caliper, am I supposed to leave the bleeder nut open and push the spring-loaded lever in a position where it is against a stop? What i did is to install the new caliper and pull the cable with a needle nose to reach the connector on the spring. Is there a certain step by step and I missed something? I don't know if any of this helps but I wanted to add it to the thread. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X