Aftermarket for iPod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket for iPod

I currently have a G6 Black Sedan without the monsoon cd deck. This poses a problem. I want to incorporate auxiliary in my car for my ipod; however there are no adapters for the stock radio that i have (such as the aux adapter seen on ebay by most of you seen ). http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-2006-PONTIA...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm considering an aftermarket radio if i can find a decent one, the only disadvantage is i would lose the temperature reading, mileage, etc.. or would i?

Should i just buy the monsoon upgrade from say, ebay or something and install that? What would that require?

One last thing... would http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-2007-SOLSTI...ayphotohosting work well with an aftermarket of my choice?

Thanks!

Pretty sure you can't just buy parts and make your car monsoonish. There's much more to it than that.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Yea, i didn't do much research on that, however i answered a couple of my own questions the past 30 minutes i've been looking stuff up. It would be cheaper to buy the Scosche mount:

and then i'm thinking of this for simplicity and it doesn't look too bad since it's black (as far as matching):

What are your opinions? Also, how easy is this all to install for a nooby?

Comment

Easy to do, just time consuming.

Comment

I bought the Metra, but if you like this better go for it, since you did not get the monsoon it is a very easy upgrade to an after market head unit, and I like the Sony, I currently have an older sony head unit and I love it. I did just order this, http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2xmcMXorIo ... 158GT610UI

it was announced at CES and hasn't shipped yet, but if you can wait a bit it may be worth the extra $50.00 and the wait. it has an IPOD cable built in as well as USB port and a AUX port. I plan on putting my Ipod in the glove compartment.

Comment

A lot of units are iPod ready

Comment

A lot of units are iPod ready
              yes they are, but most you have to buy an adapter to plug into the cd changer port usually 30-50 dollars. most units provide varying degrees of control of the I-Pod, this unit has the CABLE built in and it affords 100% control.

Comment

What's the advantage over this Sony CDX-GT610Ui versus just any other sony that has an AUX connection? You can just connect your iPod through AUX.

Comment

the advantage for me is the ability to hook the ipod up, put it in the glove compartment, and control it by the head unit. as an added benefit it charges the ipod too.

Comment

Most do require that, but there are plenty that don't. Besides a cable you can just buy one with a AUX input and just use that.

Comment

I've given up on all that and just bought a Belkin TuneBase and it works GRRREAT
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I'm passed FM transmitters. I used to use one with my 4th gen ipod.. then my charger broke so i stopped using it. I switched to CD's and then recently i bought an FM transmitter for my new video ipod and when i used it i got frustrated with the quality. I now have the transmitter in the original box sitting in my room, and i'm using CD's now.

Comment

what brand was the modulator you tried?
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                          X