Mileage & Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage & Warranty

I've been reading what some of you are doing to your cars. It all sounds great to me as long as everything works, right? I personally have only had my G6 for 3 months - but I've already put 12,000 miles on her. I got this stupid "Tires for Life" deal, so I have to go back to the dealership everytime to get my oil changed and tires rotated... I bought the extended warranty to 100,000 miles for the purpose of covering my butt since I drive so many miles.
    So my question is - the CAI's and the exhaust systems, the Intake Resonators, etc... are all modifications to the original factory vehicle. How does this affect you with warranty work? What if the transmission fails at 50k miles or your motor? - will your warranty be voided because of the CAI or a missing resonator? What is the likelyhood something like that would happen? Is anyone really concerned?

The only way your warranty will be voided is if the dealership can prove that what you did to the car caused the failure.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Theoretically speaking - could a CAI pose a problem? Or custom exhaust? Granted - I only have maybe a year to worry about warranty problems since my mileage will be past my warranty by then, but it never hurts to be sure!

Comment

Sorry this is off topic, but what do you do to put so many miles on it anyways?!
        2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

EVERYBODY asks me that!! I live just over an hour south from my job, so that's 150 miles per day x 5 days a week = 750miles a week x 4 weeks is a MINIMUM of 3000 miles/month. I also live about an hour east from my "stomping grounds" which I still revert back to on weekends which can account for up to 300 miles in one weekend... Okay - so I like to drive. I always make sure I am driving something I like, though!

This car - however - is going to be the one I HAVE to keep for a while!! I've been trading every year or so, but I've made a promise to keep this one for a full 5 years!!! I figure that's almost 300,000 miles by then!!! I'm positive I'll be buying a new transmission (maybe even a motor) at some point, so I am not trying to spend a lot on modifications right now. I want to do the minimum now - and when things start breaking - I'm going to replace them with modified stuff then!

So - I'll be here for a while!!! I'm sure I'll be speaking to you again!!!

Comment

Youll become addicted to this board like the rest of us LOL
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by schenko
              ....so I am not trying to spend a lot on modifications right now. I want to do the minimum now - and when things start breaking - I'm going to replace them with modified stuff then!
              coming from the girl with how much invested in audio equipment?
              Originally posted by colinpeddle
              They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
              That here, by G6er law, we lie
              Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
              THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

:P hmmmmmmmmm....

Comment

Check this link re: the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
                  2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

w00t w00t to my little hawt Legal Secretary, lol. :P

If you get any BS from them on a CAI or Exhaust, just print up the M-M act and hand it to em'. :idea:

I've had to do it once on my Bimmer.
                    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

wow... good to know.. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X