New guy from Indiana with an 06 GTP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Indiana with an 06 GTP.

Hey all, my name is Vince. I recently traded my Camaro SS for my 06 G6 GTP 6 speed, I know what you're thinking, why? I'll tell you.

About two months ago, I bought a bone stock, low mile 97 Camaro SS. I put about 2,000 miles on it and had tons of trouble. I was constantly dumping money into it because of things breaking. At first it was an exhaust leak I couldn't track down for the life of me. Finally fixed that. Next, the clutch it constantly losing pressure, I was having to pump it to get it to engage. I was out making a few 0-100mph pulls/videos one night and broke the throttle cable, fixed that the same day. The next day the T56 decides it wants to get stuck in reverse. So I said screw it and traded it in even on my 06 GTP. In a way I miss the SS, but I absolutely love how quiet/smooth the G6 is.

Anyway, my car is black, 6 speed, sunroof, cloth seats, bone stock, on factory Goodyear ls2's.

What I want to do with the car is as follows:

-window tint(15%)
    -full Crab intake.
    -WAMS tune
    -possibly a resonator delete/muffler change....that's just a maybe though, like I said previously, I kinda like the quiet-ness of it, compared to the flowmasters on the SS.

The only things I don't like about the car is,

-the front end constantly feeling like its going to fall off the front end of the car.
    -the torque management killing power, especially if you accidentally over-rev 1st(which is easy to do when the car spins like it does in 1st, which kills power for a few seconds in 2nd.)
    -torque steer.

All in all, I really do like the car so far, haven't driven it much as I've been driving my daily to keep miles off the G6, I may have put 200-250 miles on it in a month. Lol

Re: New guy from Indiana with an 06 GTP.

Welcome!! Where do you hail?

sent from my wireless telegraph machine

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

EditP
      Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I tried to post but tapatalk is being stupid. I'm from Vevay, most people would be more likely to know Madison if you're not familiar with the area, very small town.

Comment

Welcome to the club!
          Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Welcome! Nice to see another GTP with the 6 speed manual!
            Mods: Crabs CAB w/ FPU, GT-R Exhaust, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, KYB schock/struts, EBC Rotors w/ ceramic pads, Aftermarket Sound System

Comment

Originally posted by SlowGTP06 View Post
              Thanks for the welcome, I tried to post but tapatalk is being stupid. I'm from Vevay, most people would be more likely to know Madison if you're not familiar with the area, very small town.
              Sweet! I grew up in S. Indiana over in Jasper. We have a meet and greet happening at the end of June, you should try to make it to Lafayette!

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I know of Jasper, that sounds like fun, I'll definitely try to make that. Thanks for the welcomes guys. Speaking of the the 6 speed, you have no idea how many people told me that my car had to have a transmission swap because there were never any G6's made with a manual transmission. Lol

Comment

well everyone who told you that is stupid and you can go back up to them and slap them.
                  http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13376
                  v^v^my progression^v^v
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24215

sigpic

Comment

I know of Jasper, that sounds like fun, I'll definitely try to make that. Thanks for the welcomes guys. Speaking of the the 6 speed, you have no idea how many people told me that my car had to have a transmission swap because there were never any G6's made with a manual transmission. Lol
                    I got to drive one two years back at the 2011 meet.. and I watched one do a burnout in Indy on top of a parking garage at the 2009 meet. They exist and they are fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedBullADDICT View Post
                      well everyone who told you that is stupid and you can go back up to them and slap them.
                      I took a picture of the 3 pedals the shifter, and put it on Facebook. People were still spewing nonsense. "That doesn't mean someone didn't swap it" LOL my response was, "google it, it's worth a google, also, where would you find a FWD GM 6 speed transmission for the swap? Not to mention the hydraulic setup, shifter, and the pedal that would be needed for it to work. The car says on the dash 'to remove key, put in reverse' doesn't sound too safe with an automatic does it?"

No other comments were made. Lol

Comment

Cool another Hoosier on the site. I live over in Evansville, but now I'm in North Carolina feelin homesick. I didn't know G6's came in manual transmissions at first until I joined this site. Our cars have surprisingly good potential to be great tuner cars but of course they're not Mustang chasers or anything like that, but still.
                        Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
                        Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

Thanks again guys, my fiancée went to Evansville for school.

I know these cars aren't powerhouses, but I was honestly starting to like the car until I nailed Bambi the other night. To be completely honest, I HATED my GTP when I first got it, it was just the only manual, "sporty" car on the lot, and I needed something ASAP. Going from 335ft lb of torque, to the 6 just made me depressed. But now that I haven't got to drive it in a bit,(I've only driven the car probably 4 times, I have 2 other cars I daily) I'm genuinely starting to miss it. Now it's sitting in my garage with a busted hood, bumper and radiator and cannot be driven. I should have it back in like new shape within 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Thanks again guys, my fiancée went to Evansville for school.

I know these cars aren't powerhouses, but I was honestly starting to like the car until I nailed Bambi the other night. To be completely honest, I HATED my GTP when I first got it, it was just the only manual, "sporty" car on the lot, and I needed something ASAP. Going from 335ft lb of torque, to the 6 just made me depressed. But now that I haven't got to drive it in a bit,(I've only driven the car probably 4 times, I have 2 other cars I daily) I'm genuinely starting to miss it. Now it's sitting in my garage with a busted hood, bumper and radiator and cannot be driven. I should have it back in like new shape within 2-3 weeks.
                            Just in time for the meet!

Comment

Yessir! After I told my fiancée I was going to the meet, which she was fine with. She finds tickets for Rasal Flatts and The Band Perry for the same night in Nobelsville. I told her I would drop her off and go to the meet. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X