FNG.... Hamptong, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG.... Hamptong, VA

Hi all. Craig here, the FNG. Living in Hampton, VA right now. US Army Soldier about to hit 18 years. Paralegal MOS, been stationed in SC, GA, AL, TN, and VA, been overseas in Korea. Deployed to Kuwait, Iraq twice, and Afghanistan just recently. Now the second owner of the 2008 G6 vert in my profile and in the sig below. Little back story of how I got into it...

Was originally into the GM line of cars, owned my first GM after high school going into basic. It was a basic Chevy S10, single cab. Sold it when I went to Korea, then came back and got into a 1995 Blazer. Gave that to the wife and upgraded to my first Camaro. It was a 1997 V6 Camaro, all black, hardtop. Drove that for a while, then got my wife an upgrade to a 2003 Trailblazer. Sold the V6 Camaro to get into the V8s and bought an older 93 Camaro to get the LT1. That kicked me into the drag racing past time and the fun of working on cars and going fast. Will the LT1 had some miles on it and the opti fail was not for me. So I caught a break on a nice 2002 LS1 Camaro. It was my dream car, and built it up to 12.5 in the 1/4 and still be good street car. Well, with life came issues. Had a flood and it took out the trailblazer and the Camaro. I lost the trailblazer completely, but was able to buy back the Camaro. Got my wife a use 2008 Mazda Tribute for gas saving but still have the SUV feel she liked from the trailblazer. Well, since I had the Z28 paid for and wanted to work on it more for a track only car, I went a financed a 2001 Ford Lightning. It was a nice truck, probably the only Ford I would ever want to buy again, and you can't beat a 5.4lt supercharged truck! Well, again life caught up to me. After my last deployment, bills and having a teenage kid getting into a lot of events and needing to support her, I had to down size and make room for $$ going out the door. Had to sell the Camaro first cause it didn't have a lien, then later the truck was giving me issues and I was throwing parts and fuel at it, so more $$ was going out the door. I found the 08 G6 and the price was right and the dealership worked it and I traded the truck in with a little $$ left over from the truck stacked onto the G6 lien, but it was still in my price range, and the money I will be saving on gas and maintained should help.

Well, here are the pics. Hope to get involved a little more and learn what I can about the G6.

Working...
X