doctor speed intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctor speed intakes

so with those doctor speed intakes on the site, what kind of performance gains will they give and what is the difference between the different stages? i am going to buy onw ithin the next few weeks but i need to know which one i would be better off getting, the regular intake or the cold air intake. and also how hard they are to install?
    thanks

Cold Air intake is always better IMHO, the whole basis of an engine is it's sucking in air to combust. The colder the air the better (if you've ever noticed your engine runs alot harder when its cold outside) I would go with the Stage 3 I believe, cold air intake... once you remove the airbox it will replace it by slipping down behind the headlight
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

alright thanks, so it is pretty easy to install then? anyone know what the performance gains are?

Comment

Yeah... very easy to install...Hardest part from what I've seen, getting the airbox out!

Comment

Nah the airbox is really easy to get out, be aware though if you haven't already removed your intake resonator you WILL have to if you buy the Stage 3 intake from Kyle because that is where the air filter resides.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

man now you confused me even more. what the hell is the resonator and how do you get it out? one of you guys good with cars should do a how-to on installing one of these for people like me that arent as "car smart" haha. i can do it if i know how and where everything is, i just need to find all that out. oh and do you guys know how much shipping costs will be on those intakes?
            thanks for all the help

Comment

I bet getting that resonator out is a whole lot easier with the airbox gone than the way we did it LOL!!!

Comment

I already PM'ed Kyle and have my Stage 3 fenderwell CAI on the way so when it gets here I'll be doing a full How-To on the install of the intake. Just gotta wait a bit till it shows up.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

alright cool. i just noticed that it says it comes with instructions. i should be able to do it. i gotta wait till i can afford it now. window tinting comes first, then the cold air intake the next paycheck.i cant wait for the extra power

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                    I already PM'ed Kyle and have my Stage 3 fenderwell CAI on the way so when it gets here I'll be doing a full How-To on the install of the intake. Just gotta wait a bit till it shows up.
                    Me too!
                    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I was under the impression he was making one for all the way across the engine to the throttle body. From the pics on the site, this is not the case...
                      "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

That's what Stage 4 is. It costs a fortune (yes, making it too) and I didn't feel any benefit between the Stage 3 & Stage 4. Granted, I have not dyno'd the intakes back-to-back yet, but I know intakes better than anything and I have tested probably a hundred different intake setups on various 60 degree V6 engines.

Here's my kudos to GM.. The stock tubing between the MAF and the throttle body is very well-engineered for it's purpose. The tubing flows well and the ribbing right before the throttle body entrance curve is actually beneficial. Turbulent air moves through bends better than straight flowing air.

Honestly, I've tried every single one of them myself and I can't justify the Stage 4 installation or expense. I'm only offering it because some people expect an intake to replace all the factory induction pieces. In the case of the G6, this would be detrimental to performance.

So basically if you have $300, I'd buy on of the other Doctor Speed intakes and use the rest to get your windows tinted. Yes, I realize this post will affect sales of the Stage 4 intake, but that's the truth. The other intakes rock the party, end of story.
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Hah, thats pretty honest of you to tell us its not a good idea to buy one of your products
                          2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Kyle, if down the road we were interested in buying the remained of the piping to make a stage 3 into a stage for (for car show appearance,etc..) would that be possible?

Comment

Kyle update the site yet? I didn't see any of the intakes under the G6 section?
                              ~ Nick
                              ----------------
                              2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
                              Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

Working...
                              X