Your opinion on these so-called 4-door "coupes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion on these so-called 4-door "coupes"

Yea so lately I've seen seeing a lot of car manufacturers coming out with these 4-door sedans they call "coupes". I'm guessing the main reason for this is because of the design of the roofline, and how it resembles a coupe. But c'mon, calling it a coupe? I think that's just ridiculous. Almost as bad as calling the new Charger a "musclecar".

Here's some examples of these "coupes" coming out:

Mercedes Benz CLS500

Aston Martin Rapide

Porsche Panamera

------------------
    cou·pé ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-p)
    n.
    A closed four-wheel carriage with two seats inside and one outside.

also coupe (kp) A closed two-door automobile.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Love the CLS500... hot ride. I think the Jag looks like shit, but...

It's a cool concept nonetheless, should offer a good seating position in the back.
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Love your comment about the Charger, lol. Anyways the only way a car is a Coupe is if it has 2 doors, 4 doors would constitute a Sedan. Everyone knows this and thats how its been since the beginning of time. Unless you count in the Flintstones, well no that was a coupe too!! :P
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
        Love the CLS500... hot ride. I think the Jag looks like shit, but...

It's a cool concept nonetheless, should offer a good seating position in the back.
        what jag? you mean the AM or something not posted here?

and i am with the others, coupes have 2 doors. and all three of the cars posted above are ugly as hell.

Comment

a coupe doesn't have to have 2 doors.

A coupé (from the French for "cut") or coupe is a car body style with a close-coupled interior offering either two seats or 2+2 seating (space for two passengers up front and for two occasional passengers in the rear). Through the 1950s convertible models were sometimes called convertible coupés, but since the 1960s the term "coupé" has generally been applied exclusively to fixed-roof models. Coupés generally, but not necessarily, have two doors, although automobile makers have offered four-door coupés and three- and five-door hatchback coupés, as well.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

why does there have to be a 4-door porsche?
            im saddened):

Comment

^ Why does there have to be a Porsche SUV
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                ^ Why does there have to be a Porsche SUV
                actually that car was designed and marketed towards people who already owned a porsche. the logic behind it was to sell it to people who had a porsche and loved it but wanted an SUV also.

Comment

Working...
                X