Pros:
    -LOW END torque increase
    -small gain in TOP END horsepwer
    -increase mpg (like 2 the most)

Cons:
    Nothing really so far i love it

Additional Notes:
    Very easy to install on my LZ4 3.5L.
    the part i use was from a 3.6L LY7 but it fit my engine perfectly.
    and yes it actually works i had it on over 2 weeks on and i noticed the gains omg they
    are great it picks up faster and at top end it pulls harder, i have to say it is worth it

Re: Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer on a LZ4 engine

Any one else have any input?
    Aura xr.
    Mods - Racingline motor mounts - Racingline Strut Bar -racingline motor mounts- Wams 93 tune - trans tune - Megan racing Coilovers - Power Stop Brake Kit - 8000k HID lows - 8000k HID fogs - 15% tint - Jvc indash - Full intake with cold air box - 2.5 inch cat back - Vibrant Resonator - Magnaflow Muffler - Yonaka 3 inch tips - upper and lower Billet Grille - LED turn signals - Full LED interior lights - White eyelids - NRG torque damper -transmission cooler with Stainless Steel lines - helo 225/35ZR20 chrome summer wheels.

https://www.facebook.com/tony.meintel?fref=ts

Comment

i guess not weird i thought other LZ4 engines would be happy to hear that there is another mod for our engine

Comment

interesting, if i ever get some cash flowing in again i might consider grabbing one to test. Why is there such a lack of mods for the LZ4?

Comment

Everyone I've heard from says that these do absolutely nothing..

Comment

well for me it was worth it, i kid you not it work for me

Comment

your like the second person out of everyone else on this or the other website that said a throttle body spacer had noticable gains. the problem with it is that the tbs gives you such negligible air volume that theres no way to have that big of an increase to notice it. ive done alot of research on these and ive read countless forums of people bashing these things. untill i see dyno numbers i probly wont ever think about buying one.
              but if you feel like youve gained that much hp/tq off of a simple metal ring then more power to ya. just voicing what ive read and heard.
              http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13376
              v^v^my progression^v^v
              http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24215

sigpic

Comment

i understand where you coming from cause i did research before getting it and everywhere said that they either gain or not gain anything at of it.
                but i said what the heck i got it for 75 bucks so i try it and i feel like i gain some power really but to each its own
                hopefully this summer i can get it dyno for yall

Comment

throttle body spacers on a fuel injection car is pointless. all you are doing is lengthening your intake. the soul purpose of throttle body spacers is for carbureted engines. it allows more time for the air and fuel to mix properly. as for fuel injected engines the air and fuel mix in the cylinder chamber. our intakes are long enough and big enough for what you need

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Just felt like adding my input on the subject of tbs. I've used them countless times and as far as noticeable power increase I've never felt such. Installed them on carbs tbi and tpi motors with no actual gain in power that was noticeable through driving it. The singular and only reason I buy one is everytime I've used one whenever I calc my mpg it always comes up with atleast 1 or 2 mpg better. 2.0 sohc 4cyl, 4.0 ford sohc, 305 5.0, 4.0 jeep, 5.2 318, 351 windsor 4bbl, and a few others. Personnelly if your purely interested in actual hp gain find a shop that will bore ur tb out with a new flap to match. I buy one purly on the note of mpg 10000 miles at 28 mpg is about 357 gallons for a year if I gain 2mpg that's only 333 gallons for a year. Short term at 75 bucks I saved 84 dollars in gas for one year it has paid for itself in one years time and does nothing but save money time after time. But again as far as a hp mod not really worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
                      throttle body spacers on a fuel injection car is pointless. all you are doing is lengthening your intake. the soul purpose of throttle body spacers is for carbureted engines. it allows more time for the air and fuel to mix properly. as for fuel injected engines the air and fuel mix in the cylinder chamber. our intakes are long enough and big enough for what you need
                      this man speaks the truth.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

As for what snowman commented can't argue with what he said for the most part and what makes it worse I can't even explain how adding a twist to your incoming air on a fuel injected engine does a d*** thing. They "claim" it allows the air to move through your intake manifold with less turbulance again looking at a fi intake manifold on any car I would only assume whatever benefit it would of had would be destroyed by the first bend twist or y of it. Experience tells me that in some only god knows why reason I get better mpg with one on with a stock intake or a performance intake. As for again the comment of more power that I would be inclined to argue wether it does anything id still want to see dyno numbers. Interesting topic tho I hope it doesn't get outta hand tho I would like to have time to research this and get actual facts before it turns into a drag down fight about it.

Comment

I mean technically you can move your powerband around by increasing or decreasing your plenum size, not really gonna make more power though, just make it somewhere else in the powerband. But I doubt the spacer adds enough volume to have any noticeable effect
                          Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

This is aparently a direct email from airaid posted freely on another forum i came accross while trying to get a better answer on this subject.
                            Quote from a tbs airaid thread on hummerforums.com
                            "From: AirAid Info
                            Subject: Re: AIRAID.COM Contact

Dear Sir, thank you for your inquiry in our products. The spacer makes no HP on the Dyno. It makes all of it's power in torque in the low end. If you haven't noticed any power on the Dyno or the track then it's doing what it's supposed to. You would not see any gains down the 1/4 mile or increases on the Dyno. The idea of the spacer is to improve overall drivability and fuel mileage. In most cases when people install a bolt on part they expect better mileage and power, what happens is they are into the throttle a lot more than before trying to test performance and that's when the decrease in mileage happens.
                            Sincerely"
                            (I cant remember if posting that was against forum rules)
                            So if that is a true email from airaid thier header for the product is a huge misleading line of bs. INCREASE HP INCREASE TQ increase mileage what it should say is you may possible gain a bit of power where you dont really need it and possibly a slight boost in mpg.
                            Last edited by Drakon543; 05-10-2013, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakon543 View Post
                              This is aparently a direct email from airaid posted freely on another forum i came accross while trying to get a better answer on this subject.
                              Quote from a tbs airaid thread on hummerforums.com
                              "From: AirAid Info
                              Subject: Re: AIRAID.COM Contact

Dear Sir, thank you for your inquiry in our products. The spacer makes no HP on the Dyno. It makes all of it's power in torque in the low end. If you haven't noticed any power on the Dyno or the track then it's doing what it's supposed to. You would not see any gains down the 1/4 mile or increases on the Dyno. The idea of the spacer is to improve overall drivability and fuel mileage. In most cases when people install a bolt on part they expect better mileage and power, what happens is they are into the throttle a lot more than before trying to test performance and that's when the decrease in mileage happens.
                              Sincerely"
                              (I cant remember if posting that was against forum rules)
                              So if that is a true email from airaid thier header for the product is a huge misleading line of bs. INCREASE HP INCREASE TQ increase mileage what it should say is you may possible gain a bit of power where you dont really need it and possibly a slight boost in mpg.
                              see he does mention TQ increase in which i notice that gain from it

Comment

Working...
                              X