Subs on stock stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subs on stock stereo

I looked at the sticky above...and I know I need one of those...but ho do I know which one need? I have a 2006 GTP Coupe with the Monsoon system. Anyone that can help...I really appreciate it!
    Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Any inline converter will do the trick. Go to your local stereo shop, circuit city, best buy and tell them you are hooking up an aftermarket amp to the stock HU and you need an inline converter. They will take care of you.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Yeah, I am aware of those...and I have used those before. I just thought schoche was offering someting better. So, what is it that they are selling?

Comment

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about. I didnt check the first time you posted about this subject. But if you are keep the factory hu all you need is the inline converter (which attaches to the speaker wiring) a power wire, a ground a turn-on wire (acc/remote) and rcas from the converter to the amp. Are you referring to the sosche aftermarket hu kit? If so then that is used if you are going to throw in an aftermarket hu.
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I am refering to the sticky at the top that talks about if you are hooking up subs/amp to a factory unit. I have put in several systems before; some on factory units. I am aware of inline converters but I was just wondering about the schoche units mentioned in the stcky above, what they do, and which one I would need!

Comment

You need something like this:

or this:

I believe the only difference is the white one is 2 channel and the blue one is four channel.

Comment

Will these work if you DO NOT have the Monsoon system? Just the standard?

Originally posted by jnak
              You need something like this:

or this:

I believe the only difference is the white one is 2 channel and the blue one is four channel.
              -Adam Moore

Comment

Yes they will work with any factory head unit.

Comment

god I hate inline RCA converters, all the ones I have tried turned out to be pieces of shit
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I've had the Scosche one, and right now I'm using a Stinger. Didn't turn out too bad (the Stinger is better though)

Comment

I used the Scosche one in my G6 and i thought it worked out great. Im not familiar with the Stinger one.

Comment

I used then years ago in my previous car, dont remember the brand but it was a piece, maybe I'll have to give the higher priced ones a shot
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Lojac, the Scosche i used in the G6 was the first time i used one like that. Once i figured how to adjust the converter all was well! Good piece from Scoshe. Plus you can pick them up at Wallyworld

Comment

oh thanks for the info, i might have to give one a try. The two I tried were from Fry's electronics and weren't the greatest quality.

Comment

When using an inline convertor, do you need to buy another factory harness? Or do you just tap into the stock one? I was thinking that you need another one and just solder the new harness to the existing one (matching each wire up except for the ones for the convertor).
                              2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Working...
                              X