OEM Replacement Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Replacement Speakers

Has anyone found a site to buy OEM speakers for a decent price, besides finding them on eBay?

I just got a 2005 GT with about 18000 miles on it. I blew the driver door speakers within 2 days. I barely turned it up past halfway. I want to put some aftermarket speakers in because I need something that won't blow, so I was looking at the JBL 2ohm speakers. I need some factory replacements because I took over a lease and don't want to leave the JBLs in when I turn in the car.

Re: OEM Replacement Speakers

Originally posted by OafyC
    Has anyone found a site to buy OEM speakers for a decent price, besides finding them on eBay?

I just got a 2005 GT with about 18000 miles on it. I blew the driver door speakers within 2 days. I barely turned it up past halfway. I want to put some aftermarket speakers in because I need something that won't blow, so I was looking at the JBL 2ohm speakers. I need some factory replacements because I took over a lease and don't want to leave the JBLs in when I turn in the car.
    Do you have the monsoon system in your car?
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Re: OEM Replacement Speakers

Originally posted by MONTERACER
      Do you have the monsoon system in your car?
      Yes, every other premium factory sound system I have experienced (Bose, Infinity) have been set up to only go as loud as they can do without blowing speakers. I am fairly happy with the sound, but I don't want to have to keep going to the dealer to get the speakers replaced from blowing.

Comment

Sounds like would be best replacing all the speakers, just keep in mind they will probably distort easier with the aftermarket ones since it can't power them well enough. I've had mine past half once and it sounded fine, you may have to turn down the bass if it's higher but that's not something you want to hear I know.

I've only seen the replacements on eBay, you could check your dealer though or a scrap yard.

Comment

Is the Monsoon amp that much less powerful than aftermarket headunit amps? I had a Pioneer Premier headunit which was fairly high end and was only 22W RMS per channel. It drove high power speakers just fine. The speakers i am looking at do match the ohms of the amp. I just had read that to put in new front speakers you have to actually cut out the front speakers.

Comment

Well I basically mean that it will be underpowering the speakers, I don't know actually wattage but it's def not what they claim it to be. Those JBL 2 ohm will work great with it so you'll have no problems. If I already had to replace one that is what I would be doing, save you from going in there multiple times.

Comment

monsoon speaker adapter

Anyone not of an adapter for the monsoon speaker i would like to keep my factory radio but get rid of the factory speakers because i keep taking it back to the dealer cause i guess its a 2way or 3way speaker and the smaller speaker is only held on by some plastic and it keeps breaking off. I do use alot of bass so i know thats my problem. i just dont want to cut or run any new wiring

Comment

Crutchfield has some but you will have to cut the wires to install it.
                The speaker wire adapter Pontiac uses is Proprietary.

If you dont want to cut anything then you need OEM speakers.
                You have a Monsoon correct?

Ive had my volumn up 3/4 of the way and it can be heard down the block.
                No troubles here mon! :smoke:
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

put in the blown speaker, go to the dealer, make them repalce it under warrenty, take out new speaker, put in aftermarket
                  Mike # 3!

Comment

Originally posted by mike5411
                    put in the blown speaker, go to the dealer, make them repalce it under warrenty, take out new speaker, put in aftermarket
                    Thats what I was thinking.... why wouldnt it just be replaced under warranty?!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

It could with 18k miles but he said he wanted aftermarket....?
                      Aftermarket = cut wires. Cant get around that. Save your
                      connectors though and you can reinstall the OEM's after you replace
                      it under warranty when you turn in the lease.

Your best bet.
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

what is the diff between the monsoon and the reg factory speakers? I think i still have mine setting somewhere (non-monsoon).
                        06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
                        http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

4ohm (non-monsoon)
                          2ohm (monsoon)

Comment

Originally posted by the_great_m
                            what is the diff between the monsoon and the reg factory speakers? I think i still have mine setting somewhere (non-monsoon).
                            I might be interested in your stock speakers for the non monsoon, Im going to be trading in my car soon I believe so I want to take my speakers back... do you still have the connectors?

Comment

Originally posted by the_great_m
                              I might be interested in your stock speakers for the non monsoon, Im going to be trading in my car soon I believe so I want to take my speakers back... do you still have the connectors?
                              I dont think so. Let me check tonight, but i would have to say that i doubt that i have them still.
                              06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
                              http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

Working...
                              X