Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those of you with white gauge covers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those of you with white gauge covers...

The red on them, how it it on there? It is a film on the back of the gauge cover or is it built into it. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, I can take the red out and replace it with clear or blue? Cheers
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

The red is built into the the layers of white. Not like there is a piece of red film taped to the back of the gauges or anything.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
      The red is built into the the layers of white. Not like there is a piece of red film taped to the back of the gauges or anything.
      Damn, figures. Do you know where the White gauge covers came from so that I can get a hold of the and see if they can do it in blue? :smoke:

Comment

here's where mine is from:

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/Content/g6gauges.aspx

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

so you just want red light projecting thru blue?

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
            so you just want red light projecting thru blue?
            Good question. Nope, I plan on either swapping out the red LED's with blue or with white. which ever looks best

Comment

Just so you know these arent covers. They replace the entire bleck guage. I have em.
              Originally posted by Nikki
              You are an e-pimp.
              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
              I tried too, my penis way too big
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

dude, i'd be all for white faced gauges with blue lettering!!! lemme know if you get someone to do it!!!
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

it would be a two step deal. you would need white face gauges with either blue or clear gauges (the stock black faces have clear gauges) and you would also have to replace the micro LEDs inside the gauge cluster. the LEDs themselves glow red, it's not just the film they shine through.

Comment

I thought about just buying a new cluster and swapping out the actual led's in the board.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                      I thought about just buying a new cluster and swapping out the actual led's in the board.
                      the clusters are linked to the car. i dunno if they can be reprogrammed or not.

Comment

dammit thats right, I keep forgetting that.
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

the thing that i didn't like is the tiny little LEDs they used:

like i have the patience to replace all those little guys without frying something

Comment

I knew they were the micro LED's so if I could buy an extra cluster I would take the time to replace all of them but then I would have to get the cluster matched to the car. Where did you get that pic from, is that you cluster?

Comment

yeah that's one of the pics i took when i had mine in pieces. i have another one that is a picture of the sticker on the back that says "Grand Am" but i don't know where the rest of them are.

Comment

Working...
                              X