I think i have a blowen door speaker on passenger side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i have a blowen door speaker on passenger side

I read the how to in the how to section on how to remove door panel is that the same for cars with the monsoon system with the 3 speakers in the doors.
    Can i just pop out a gril to change it or does the whole door panel have to come off to get at them & since i changed my deck theres no way the dealer ship will change it for me any info would be great thanks :wacko:
    Also what size are them speakers in there and what after market ones fit
    My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

only convertibles have 3 speakers in the door (as far as i'm aware). coupes certainly do not.

yes, you have to remove the panel to get to the speaker.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I'm pretty sure that my coupe has 3 speakers in each door with the Monsoon system.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
        I'm pretty sure that my coupe has 3 speakers in each door with the Monsoon system.
        it doesnt. one grille is a decoy.
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Yep the middle one is just ph0 sh0.

Comment

NO SHIT?!?!?!?!

omfg
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Comment

so much for thinking my Monsoon was badasss

Comment

Well at least you have the same amount of speakers anyway, the rears count as 2 so it's not like your missing them

Comment

umm so I thought the Monsoon was an 8 speaker sound system, if those two middle speakers aren't really there then isn't it only 6 speakers?

Comment

Yeah that's why the back 2 count as 4, I should have said that instead of meaning they were 2 as in 2 a piece.

So yeah by Pontiacs point of view you still have 8 speakers. 4 in the front and 4 in the rear. The convertible actually has a speaker in the middle grill up front but the rears are considered different. Nice eh?

Comment

correct.

in coupes, the rear deck speakers are two-ways.
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

thats what a joke i am gonna double check that so do i still have to pull whole door panel off then or any other easy way to do this?
                          My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Nope if you want to get to the speaker you have to pull the door panel off.

Unless you want to hack up your door panel :P

Comment

even then i dont think you can fit the speaker thru just the grill part

as for replacing it, if it is just a hole in the cone or something, take clear finger nail polish and put over hole and let dry....fix it right up

Comment

Working...
                              X