Locate the IP to body harness connector 08'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locate the IP to body harness connector 08'

I am trying to locate the ip to body harness connector on my 08 g6 I am having problems with it. The engine light keeps coming up and i get a "reduced engine power" message. When I had the codes read it came back with a p2138 which states that I have to check my ip to body harness connector for corrosion or water damage. I have looked in the left kick panel and all I see is a bundle of wires. So can anyone please tell me where you find this I am at a total loss and want to check it out before I take it to get the accelerator pedal replaced?

Re: Locate the IP to body harness connector 08'

What do you mean by "ip"? P2138 has to do with the gas pedal and the wires for that are right behind it. IIRC its a 4 pin harness, as it is redundant. A new pedal with tps is only $70.

This is off of memory, but if you want to test the pedal, its a potentiometer. It can be tested with an oscilloscope or a DMM.
    1972 F100
    1978 Twinstar
    1992 Miata
    2014 Mustang

Comment

This is what I am referring to, and IP is instrument panel.

Date: November 06, 2008
      Subject:
      Intermittent MIL/SES, DTC P2138 with Reduced Engine Power (Repair Instrument Panel (IP) to Body Harness Connector)

Models:
      2005-2008 GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (Including Saturn)
      2005-2008 HUMMER H2
      2006-2008 HUMMER H3
      2005-2008 Saab 9-7X

Supercede:

This Bulletin is being revised to add additional diagnostic service information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-06-04-019 (Section 06 - Engine/Propulsion System)

Condition

Some customers may comment on an intermittent MIL/SES light Illuminated with a message center or an indicator that displays Reduced Engine Power. DTC P2138 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation may be set. The voltage difference between APP sensor 1 and APP sensor 2 exceeds a predetermined value for more than a brief period. Refer to DTC P2138 in SI for further diagnostics.

Cause

On some vehicles, the IP to body harness connector, which carries the APP signal to the ECM/PCM, is located in the left hand kick panel area or inside the IP. Water intrusion into these areas could cause an electrical short in the APP circuits setting a P2138 code.

Correction
      Note: Make sure that no add-on/aftermarket equipment is electrically connected to the APP signals or to the other ECM/PCM five volt reference or return lines. These can generate false P2138 and/or other ETC System DTCs. If there are other engine DTCs besides P2138, such as MAP sensor faults (i.e. P0107, P010, resolve these first before attempting to diagnose P2138 DTCs.

Important: Refer to DTC P2138 in SI to confirm that the ETC pedal is operating correctly.

Locate the IP to body harness connector, which may be located in and around the left hand kick panel area or inside the IP. Check to see if there is a water leak into the area and repair as necessary. Use a water hose to determine the source of a water leak and effectiveness of repair. Some examples of potential water leaks are: A-pillar seals, sunroof drain lines (if so equipped) and windshield/cowl sealing. Finally, repair or replace the IP to body harness connector, making sure no corrosion or debris is left on or between the terminals.

Comment

Ok, I think on our cars you need to pull out the instrument panel to get to its connector. I'd check the pedal connector first though, it seems as though it'd corrode the easiest with wet shoes and rain.
        1972 F100
        1978 Twinstar
        1992 Miata
        2014 Mustang

Comment

Working...
        X