Idears for Rear Valance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idears for Rear Valance

So I really would like to do something with the rear valance. I was thinking about a "Pontiac G6" sticker, all raked out in a cool font oooor as cheesy as it might sound. I remember seeing that carbon fiber film that would cover things on the interior, what about that on the rear valance? Any ideas people?
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Also, was their a post on how to remove this thing so I have a better idea if I do... I thought that I had seen one somewhere but cant honestly remember if I did or if I'm imagining it (I do that alot haha)

Comment

Kinda like how the Grand Prix's have that PONTIAC indentation on theirs which they usually put the inlays of whatever color on it...that may work.

But if you want the CF look, I've heard of this place from a Grand Prix buddy that does CF dipping...I'll have to ask him about it. I totally forgot until now and I may just do that to mine too.
      2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

That sticker material is cheap but doesnt look all to bad, especially considering its on the back of the car and lower to the ground but mainly I used to tint windows I can prolly get it on in about 10 mins.. If I could get a heads up on how to take that valance off LOL, I swear I read a thread about it someplace in here!?!?

Comment

Hmm yeah I just tried searching and couldn't find it
          2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Yeah we did talk about all this somewhere else but I can't remember where either, it wasn't a specific thread just one that went off topic. The carbon fiber might be a good idea-you can buy sheets of it off EBay but the problem is I'm not sure if the sheets will cover the valance with a single piece, have to take measurements.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that too... you can get 6 ft in length but the width I think will be the problem!

Comment

I just jumped on Ebay and had a hard time finding REAL carbon fibers sheets that would work without being too expensive. Looks like Ebay mostly has sellers with vinyl carbon fiber which I'm pretty sure isn't real just look alike??
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Thats honestly all I was going to do or at least see how it would look. My buddy did the dash of his Honda with the sticker material and it looked pretty good... Not as well as true carbon fiber but then again, does it really matter on a rear valance, either way.. it will look better than the stock dark grey plastic and if it does look good, the side skirts would be really easy to do!

Comment

Yeah I'm sure your right, the only problem with the vinyl is it isn't going to reflect the light correctly like real CF would. I'll look around and see what I can find for true CF.

Comment

You're going to put carbon fiber just on the lower rear valenc? Ehh...I don't know 'bout that...
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

on that blackish grey plastic, I MIGHT.. not sure yet haha.. might just do a pontiac G6 logo on it, or was thinking about possibly a DoctorSpeed.com one?!

Comment

I think the rear valance would kick ass in carbon fiber, but I would put out the money to buy real carbon fiber sheet and not the vinyl fake stuff.

Comment

I just don't think it would look right to have just that one piece in carbon fiber. Maybe if you had a carbon fiber trunk to match...
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I see where your coming from, but in my opinion carbon fiber is meant to accent hot create a car from. I think hoods, and small parts are good but when you have too much it doesn't look good. The rear valance isnt noticable too much so having it in carbon fiber would be good since only those who recognize things like that would ever see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X