PDA

View Full Version : Design Ideas for Shirts.

Eycman
11-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Thinking of putting together designs for G6P Shirts. Post Ideas here.

Hoodies, T-Shirts, Long sleeve Shirts. If we can wear it why not try to print on it?

Some of the ladies might like some pink shirts?

Some ideas so far...

I'm thinking of designing and printing up some shirts myself. I'll probably make a bunch in different colors and sizes and then offer a sale. Provided it doesn't infringe on any forum rules...

Also this wouldn't be until like... next year

Let me know when you plan on doing this. If your cool with help I'd be more than willing to help out. I have seen a few different types of software out there that can help design different types of shirts.

I noticed that several people asked about having their names put on the shirts as well. Possibly an option next go round????

I would definitely be interested if you guys do it, a hoodie would be cool too. like a tire track going up at an angle on the front and the decal being made in the other thread in the back (with a coupe haha). that sounds pretty cool!

Lampoon
11-03-2012, 07:31 AM
I like the idea of tread marks up the front to the back of the shirt where you see a G6.

CruisinG6
11-03-2012, 02:00 PM
So I was thinking of using a different method, instead of printing directly onto the shirts... I was looking at this special vinyl. It's available in a WIDE selection of colors and shades, with flat or reflective finishes and more. I can get any design or pattern cut out and then simply press it onto the shirt. My friend has some shirts like this and they hold up very well. He was telling me that in the event it starts to lip up or something, you can just take an iron to it and stick it back down.

I feel this idea opens up a lot of possibilities and can shorten the time between ordering and actually making it. And because there isn't one set design that all the shirts have to adhere to we can easily add user's forum names, or outlines of their specific G6 even.

There's a lot of possibilities. I'm open to ideas and lets see if we can get something cool! What do you guys think?

monstORR
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I digg!!! i really want some hoodies though!

Rcb2875
11-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Thinking of putting together designs for G6P Shirts. Post Ideas here.

Hoodies, T-Shirts, Long sleeve Shirts. If we can wear it why not try to print on it?

Mine keeps getting jammed up in the paper tray.... :coupe:

CruisinG6
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
^ Try setting the print settings for A2 size paper :)

justeric78
11-04-2012, 03:44 PM

Stop buying HP...

Eycman
11-05-2012, 01:46 AM
I like the idea of tread marks up the front to the back of the shirt where you see a G6.

When your say "up the front to the back of the shirt" are you meaning for the tread marks go up over the shoulder? If so I think that would awesome.

So I was thinking of using a different method, instead of printing directly onto the shirts... I was looking at this special vinyl. It's available in a WIDE selection of colors and shades, with flat or reflective finishes and more. I can get any design or pattern cut out and then simply press it onto the shirt. My friend has some shirts like this and they hold up very well. He was telling me that in the event it starts to lip up or something, you can just take an iron to it and stick it back down.

I feel this idea opens up a lot of possibilities and can shorten the time between ordering and actually making it. And because there isn't one set design that all the shirts have to adhere to we can easily add user's forum names, or outlines of their specific G6 even.

There's a lot of possibilities. I'm open to ideas and lets see if we can get something cool! What do you guys think?

I agree with you on this Idea. I didn't see a link for the vinyl you referenced though. I would like to find out more about this vinyl maybe it has been used on hoodies before.

Also if this option works then maybe we can just create the designs and order them and mail them out to those who want them with the modifications they are looking for and they can then add them to whatever type shirt they are wanting. This would eliminate the issue with getting the wrong size shirts after order.

Maybe you should ask Erik about that issue with your "paper jam".

justeric78
11-05-2012, 03:49 AM
My thought was that the treat would start at the bottom right with skid marks and go to the top left or vice versa. Maybe start at the midway seam and end at the midway seam on each side.

Eycman
11-05-2012, 04:33 AM
I have a bunch of dead time at work so I started playing around in Paint.

Here's what I threw together. What do you guys think?

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/th_G6PTShirt1.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/?action=view&current=G6PTShirt1.jpg)

G6 Drawing credit goes to The Intimidator at www.deviantart.com (http://the-intimidator.deviantart.com/art/2008-Pontiac-G6-301316785) I am not sure if The Intimidator is a member here or not. Thanks goes out to them though.

To me there seems to be a bunch of dead space on the front so I was thinking we could throw this in the chest area...

G6PERFORMANCE.COM
Forum Username

OPINIONS!?!?!?!?

Eric I just now saw your skid mark idea.

With me having a ton of dead time at work I will try my best to create visuals of all Ideas we come up with. If I create something incorrectly feel free to yell at me and tell me to change it. LOL

justeric78
11-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Your right about the dead space and I think your idea with the site on the front is awesome to fill it in. I would though stop the tire track at the shoulder instead of carrying it over to the back, I think it looks out of place. Alos that G6 has to many doors *cough* :)

Good job btw, man I wish I had graphic design skills, even just basic. I am so not creative at all.

monstORR
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I have someone who could probably print these out btw too. The tiretread seems to throw me off from that.. I want me a hoodie lol

crownee
11-05-2012, 10:34 PM
i am excited for this!!! i hope everything goes better than the last shirt buy..lol
anyway in reply to the idea picture posted above i like the idea but i am kinda bias cause i have 4 doors. however, i think in that drawing the car should be on the fron instead of the back and it would look more fitting that way, imho. but either way looking forward to more ideas and color choices, cant wait to see what you boys come up with a great job on getting this started!:)

Eycman
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Your right about the dead space and I think your idea with the site on the front is awesome to fill it in. I would though stop the tire track at the shoulder instead of carrying it over to the back, I think it looks out of place. Alos that G6 has to many doors *cough* :)

Good job btw, man I wish I had graphic design skills, even just basic. I am so not creative at all.

I was thinking that we can come up with several different designs and then once we have about 5 or so designs we will start a poll. Once we narrow down the shirts to a final pick we can use the poll results to go in order of which designs get printed first. If new ideas come up then we can just redo the poll and go from there.

I have someone who could probably print these out btw too. The tiretread seems to throw me off from that.. I want me a hoodie lol

GREAT!!!

I unfortunately didn't get in on the most recent group buy but from what I have read it "appears" that the whole process was put onto only one member to make it happen. Is there any way that you can have someone you can trust on your end that can help you with taking the names and shirt sizes and keeping on top of the whole process in case you get sick or hurt?

Do you have someone that can pick up where you can't or to be a redundant go to person in order to make sure the orders are completed and all members are still happy and have an good experience with buying shirts?

BTW.....I pretty much live in Hoodies during the winter so to me they are a must have option on the order form. so I will be doing my best to make sure how ever the members vote on doing this there will be an option to have hoodies made as well.

NOW as for the Designs....

justeric78.....the Tread you stated that you thought it should stop at the shoulder seem before it goes over the back. Are you meaning something like this?

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/th_G6PTShirt2.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/?action=view&current=G6PTShirt2.jpg)

I am also looking for a coupe and convertible version like I have of the sedan. I might end up having to draw them out. I'll try to start on that tonight.

Please any more suggestions feel free. I have a ton of free time and I like messing around with this so I'm actually enjoying myself for once.

Eycman
11-05-2012, 10:49 PM
i am excited for this!!! i hope everything goes better than the last shirt buy..lol
anyway in reply to the idea picture posted above i like the idea but i am kinda bias cause i have 4 doors. however, i think in that drawing the car should be on the fron instead of the back and it would look more fitting that way, imho. but either way looking forward to more ideas and color choices, cant wait to see what you boys come up with a great job on getting this started!:)

just need a little bit of clarification for your idea. I was trying to visualize it but I need a little bit more help so I can try to put it down on a design.

Are you talking about adding the car to the front like this?

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/th_G6PTShirt3.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/?action=view&current=G6PTShirt3.jpg)

I was also thinking that maybe we can find a few good pictures from one of the G6 meets with a bunch of the 6s together maybe I can draw it out on a design for the back of a shirt. the bunch of 6s would replace the single 6 on the back of the current designs. ????

CruisinG6
11-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Awesome! The more people in on this the better it can get. I was thinking of doing the G6Performance.com stripe on the front, with the outline of a G6. I'm thinking offer both the 4-door and the 2-door so everyone can by a matching shirt to their car. Then the back could incorporate the tread coming from the shoulder down and ending up with something Also awesomely G6 related.

Or any combination of the sort. Also I forgot to mention, The reason I'm talking about vinyl is because I have a buddy who has two vinyl plotters and can get deals on vinyl, of course when purchased in bulk. And then buying shirts and hoodies in bulk saves cost too. I have a barely used high quality heat press that delivers more than enough required heat as well as even consistent pressure for maximum adhesion.

I'd say with this method we could easily have several different designs to choose from, along with several different colors and styles of shirts or hoodies. Each shirt can be made to order with minimal turn-around time and hopefully minimum cost.
This also opens up the option of personalizing shirts with member names or symbols.

I'm working on drawing up a few ideas so I can post some pics for all of ya!

CruisinG6
11-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Alright, so I scraped this up in like the past hour or so. This is just a rough idea of what I was thinking. I didn't really finish the back, but I was thinking of adding "PONTIAC" or the pontiac arrowhead along with the GM symbol. Just a little something extra...

Also I had to trace that car manually and I by no means did a good job. Just there to give an idea.
Watchya all think??

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/PromoShirt1.jpg

Or maybe something with this:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/tshir2t.jpg

Here's a hoodie one I threw together as well:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/Hoodiel.jpg

justeric78
11-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I really like the hoodie and the second shirt if that is the back.

CruisinG6
11-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Oh yea, the second shirt is the back. I'm also unsure about the font I used. I'm looking for better options

Eycman
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I like the designs. It seems like there are only a few of use that have seen this tread so far so please pass the word. I would really like to get as many people working on designs as possible. this way we can see what everyone's taste are like and go from there.

Also....I'm really liking the hoodie.

Eycman
11-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Alright, so I scraped this up in like the past hour or so. This is just a rough idea of what I was thinking. I didn't really finish the back, but I was thinking of adding "PONTIAC" or the pontiac arrowhead along with the GM symbol. Just a little something extra...

Also I had to trace that car manually and I by no means did a good job. Just there to give an idea.
Watchya all think??

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/PromoShirt1.jpg

Or maybe something with this:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/tshir2t.jpg

Here's a hoodie one I threw together as well:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/Hoodiel.jpg

What's all did you use to help with designing? what program on the Computer? I was just messing around in paint but your designs are a lot cleaner looking than mine.

CruisinG6
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I just used Photoshop. Made what I was looking for then scaled it down to fit the shirt and hoody templates I found online. I believe it also lets me convert to vector easily.

monstORR
11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
I fucks with the hoodie hard yo. Maybe instead of g6p on the front maybe we could put our names? But i know for a fact im getting a hoodie haha. maybe a pullover?

Dopey85
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm diggin the hoodie design. I have a couple possible ideas. What if we keep the g6p and put our names under it? Also, I think I seen something about us getting new decals made with a g6 outline design instead of the whole car. I think that would be tight.

Lampoon
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
When your say "up the front to the back of the shirt" are you meaning for the tread marks go up over the shoulder? If so I think that would awesome.

Im not good at this kinda thing...but this gives you an idea of what I was thinking:

Front:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crabintakes/cell%20phone%20snaps/FRONTSHIRT_zps0dd475b3.jpg

Back:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crabintakes/cell%20phone%20snaps/BACKSHIRT_zpsb3fcaa55.jpg

Pr0cl1v1ty
11-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I WOULD BUY THAT HOODIE RIGHT NOW!

I third the hoodie

monstORR
11-06-2012, 08:17 PM
You mean the decal that i made for the 6? Ill attempt to make one of them today . the hoodie that it =p

crownee
11-06-2012, 11:13 PM
that hoodie is straight up sickness!!! i want 2 of them!! lol

crownee
11-06-2012, 11:16 PM
just need a little bit of clarification for your idea. I was trying to visualize it but I need a little bit more help so I can try to put it down on a design.

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/th_G6PTShirt3.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/?action=viewĄt=G6PTShirt3.jpg)

I was also thinking that maybe we can find a few good pictures from one of the G6 meets with a bunch of the 6s together maybe I can draw it out on a design for the back of a shirt. the bunch of 6s would replace the single 6 on the back of the current designs. ????

i was just saying that the car should be on the back and not on the front to look a little better but thats just my opinion.

CruisinG6
11-06-2012, 11:26 PM
So I like the idea of our name on the front by the G6Performance.com...

DO you think it would look better if it just said G6P on the front with our name and the arrowhead, and on the back have the outline and the entire URL as well as a larger font version of our name as well...

And lampoon, I like the idea you've got going on. But It ends up with a topside view of the car. I was wondering if there's a way to tweak that a bit and make it look like the G6 is skidding on the back... but I can't figure out how I would get the tread to work out...

Maybe have it wrap around the side?

I'm getting ready to draw up a few more templates and ideas, I just want to include what everyone has mentioned!

crownee
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
i am going to say for sure that i like the original idea for the hoodie. i like the arrow head and g6p on either side of the chest like it shows. if its not too hard, i think people that want their name on it should just pay a little extra for that option and then not everyone has to have their name on it. i know i personally dont want my name on it.

Eycman
11-08-2012, 12:27 AM
So I like the idea of our name on the front by the G6Performance.com...

DO you think it would look better if it just said G6P on the front with our name and the arrowhead, and on the back have the outline and the entire URL as well as a larger font version of our name as well...

And lampoon, I like the idea you've got going on. But It ends up with a topside view of the car. I was wondering if there's a way to tweak that a bit and make it look like the G6 is skidding on the back... but I can't figure out how I would get the tread to work out...

Maybe have it wrap around the side?

I'm getting ready to draw up a few more templates and ideas, I just want to include what everyone has mentioned!

I like your Idea of having the arrowhead on one side and G6P with name option on the other side.

CruisinG6
11-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Alright then. For the hoodie how does this sound. The front will have the arrowhead over your right peck area and the G6P url on the other side. You have the option of personalization, IE username, real name, nick name, whatever you want. I'm thinking it would say your selection above the G6P line.

The back of the hoodie will have the centered arrowhead with an outline of a G6 below it, as another option we can do one for Coupes and one for Sedans, different bumper styles even so it's more personal. Then below that a full sized G6P.com line

I'm planning on ordering a few small pieces of vinyl and some blank shirts this weekend. I want to make a couple of test shirts to see how it is to work with that vinyl and how well it can last. I'll take some pics and show how they turn out.

Also with that above plan for the hoodie... what do you think of doing pretty much the same thing to the regular t-shirts?

Eycman
11-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Alright then. For the hoodie how does this sound. The front will have the arrowhead over your right peck area and the G6P url on the other side. You have the option of personalization, IE username, real name, nick name, whatever you want. I'm thinking it would say your selection above the G6P line.

The back of the hoodie will have the centered arrowhead with an outline of a G6 below it, as another option we can do one for Coupes and one for Sedans, different bumper styles even so it's more personal. Then below that a full sized G6P.com line

I'm planning on ordering a few small pieces of vinyl and some blank shirts this weekend. I want to make a couple of test shirts to see how it is to work with that vinyl and how well it can last. I'll take some pics and show how they turn out.

Also with that above plan for the hoodie... what do you think of doing pretty much the same thing to the regular t-shirts?

I love this Idea.

If you want to make a pull over hoodie with a sedan GXP Street Edition on the back I'll be more than willing to pay you for it and test out the vinyl on it. I am sure that I don't do anymore running around during the day than anyone else but I am willing to help test the shirts durability.

Just let me know what you think. having a few people test the shirts out in different states should give us a better idea how the vinyl will hold up to different climates.

CruisinG6
11-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Sounds doable. I was researching the vinyl and it comes in
Standard
Glitter
Metallic
Reflective
Flock - Like a soft felt coating
Designer - like zebra print and such

and I think I'm missing some... but they say they're supposed to be extremely durable and lasting. I intend to pay a little extra for the better quality vinyl, so it should adhere to the fabric without any problems.

I'll try and scrounge up some more templates when I get home tonight

Eycman
11-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Sounds doable. I was researching the vinyl and it comes in
Standard
Glitter
Metallic
Reflective
Flock - Like a soft felt coating
Designer - like zebra print and such

and I think I'm missing some... but they say they're supposed to be extremely durable and lasting. I intend to pay a little extra for the better quality vinyl, so it should adhere to the fabric without any problems.

I'll try and scrounge up some more templates when I get home tonight

Sounds good to me. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

EDIT: I was playing around with some of the designs the other day and my daughter saw them and she freaked out. She started jumping up and down saying

"Daddy! Daddy! Look that's my car on that shirt! I want one! I want one!"

So now as soon as we can get the chance to print some would anyone have any issues with me getting one ordered to testing purposes for my daughter? She's been talking about it none stop since she saw it. At first her brothers thought she was just imagining it until I showed them what she was talking about.

Needless to say I will probably be ordering a bunch for the kids and their friends.

CrimsonGTP
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I have made skidmarks on a shirt before...it was an extra long shirt and I ate a lot of taco bell....

Altered6
11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I have made skidmarks on a shirt before...it was an extra long shirt and I ate a lot of taco bell....

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa391/alteredg/thCARHQ2GY.jpg

crownee
11-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Love the hoodie ideas! and i love the fact that it is zip up!:)

Eycman
11-10-2012, 12:08 AM

Uh yeah you can keep those skid marks. I think I'll stick with the ones that come from road tires.

CruisinG6
11-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Sounds good to me. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

EDIT: I was playing around with some of the designs the other day and my daughter saw them and she freaked out. She started jumping up and down saying

"Daddy! Daddy! Look that's my car on that shirt! I want one! I want one!"

So now as soon as we can get the chance to print some would anyone have any issues with me getting one ordered to testing purposes for my daughter? She's been talking about it none stop since she saw it. At first her brothers thought she was just imagining it until I showed them what she was talking about.

Needless to say I will probably be ordering a bunch for the kids and their friends.

Oh we can probably pull something together.

I was talking to a buddy and came up with some other good ideas. I need to spend some time on it... but I'll get some patterns and ideas out. I'm sure some awesomeness will happen.

Eycman
11-15-2012, 05:17 AM
Oh we can probably pull something together.

I was talking to a buddy and came up with some other good ideas. I need to spend some time on it... but I'll get some patterns and ideas out. I'm sure some awesomeness will happen.

Any Updates?

CruisinG6
11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Due to an unexpected expense the funds for test materials is gone. And my buddy says the traced out G6 is very detailed for the plotter to cut and could wear off the shirt faster, If the lines were thicker it could last longer but it would look bad. So my buddy came up with an idea to have the front view on the front, and just have the lights and grills traced out, since we all know the look. And on the back do just an outline of the G6, like a side view.

But then I found a different product that transfers better to shirts and could very well allow me to do the fully traced out G6. I'm hoping to finally get some test materials in by the end of next week and give it a shot. I also found another source for screening shirts, so if it comes down to it I can just have it produced there and it'll look damn good.

But I'm really hoping this heat transfer stuff works out, I'm excited to see how it is to work with and what kind of shirts and other clothing I can produce.

Eycman
11-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Sorry for the brain fart on this thread.

CruisinG6 how the new idea coming along with the shirts? Let me know if you need anything. Which designs did you say you where going to have printed up?

Let me know if you need help with funds to get this up and running like Forrest Gump.

Alright then. For the hoodie how does this sound. For the hoodie how does this sound. The front will have the arrowhead over your right peck area and the G6P url on the other side. You have the option of personalization, IE username, real name, nick name, whatever you want. I'm thinking it would say your selection above the G6P line.

I really like the idea of going with the option of the coupe or sedan with different bumper styles. Will this still be an option? I am not meaning to bug you about it.

Just curious is all.

Yeah..I know I know...Curiosity Killed The Cat....

CruisinG6
11-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the offer to help, I do appreciate it! I'm waiting for funds to clear right now, damn live checks. So on Monday I plan to order some materials and see where this takes us. I'll make a couple of shirts and take some pics to show how it's all coming along.

I'm hoping with the transfer paper I found that the intricate line design of the G6 will still work. Different styles and all. I like the stuff I found because it isn't like regular old iron on transfer paper, It requires very high temperature and high pressure to adhere, After it's on the shirt I plan to press it with a silicone sheet, which is supposed to increase durability and wash ability. Frankly I'm pretty excited about it.

After I make a couple of test shirts, I'm thinking I can offer some as a test batch to some people. I really want to see how well these things handle everyday wear and tear.

I'm also thinking of using that transfer paper along with the vinyl so we can get different colors in and patterns. Also with the vinyl I can press it onto any color shirts.

I'm thinking of drawing up some more templates, Some with the G6 outline, Some a little more simple, so we can get a wide array of colors, from the shirts/hoodies or from the vinyl.

Plus I feel offering a lot of options can really let people choose what they want.

I've also been trying different ways of tracing the G6 and such, Here's mine for example:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/TraceG6.jpg
(I traced this from the first pic in my sig)

I think I need to add some more detail in the lower grill and it should be pretty good.
Keep in mind I don't plan to use this design on the shirts, because well, it's not like other G6's....

Eycman
11-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Looks good. nice clean lines. should make easy for transfer.

CruisinG6
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Here's an update!
I just ordered some sample vinyl and transfer sheets. Should be in within the week. I'll then try and make one crazy ass shirt and see how it all works out. I'm also going to try and talk my buddy into cutting the G6 on the vinyl plotter, I've seen it done, I'm sure if he sets it to a slow speed it'll work. If it does then I'll get vinyl that's designed the stretch and flex - for nylon clothing. That should make it less likely to wear off.

Eycman
11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Sounds great. Can't wait to see the finished project.

CruisinG6
11-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Yea me too, I'm pretty anxious to try all this out. I figure the first couple of shirts will just be white with black vinyl and such. As I get a feel for how it all works I'll start using different colors and hoodies and such

Eycman
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Yea me too, I'm pretty anxious to try all this out. I figure the first couple of shirts will just be white with black vinyl and such. As I get a feel for how it all works I'll start using different colors and hoodies and such

Since the first few will be white and black vinyl if you throw a black vinyl on a red shirt ill buy either way it turns out.

CruisinG6
11-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Alright, worth a shot

monstORR
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Woot woot cant wait!!!!

CruisinG6
11-28-2012, 06:40 PM
So I ordered the materials yesterday morning, and they arrived today! That's is legit, now to start fine tuning some of these outlines and get things perfect.

Eycman
11-28-2012, 07:07 PM
So I ordered the materials yesterday morning, and they arrived today! That's is legit, now to start fine tuning some of these outlines and get things perfect.

GREAT!!! Let me know if you need anything or if I can help in anyway. I'm really anxious to see the finished product.

CruisinG6
11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Alright, so this morning I did my first two heat transfers ever! I did it on a blank shirt I had laying around because I just had to see how it works. I also learned a ton about this. A little rough but I think it's getting there.
After printing on the paper, I have to heat transfer it onto another paper. I don't think I pressed it long enough before peeling them, but it did alright for the first time.

Then I finally pressed to the shirt. I think I peeled too early on the right side, so the left side I double pressed and peeled for a good result.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20121129_110937.jpg

Then I thought, oh I'll press it longer for the back, Not a good idea as I burned the shirt a little bit. So I think the best bet is a shorter press, but maybe do it twice or even three times to ensure it adheres well.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20121129_110922.jpg

So all in all it is definitely getting there! Just some more fine tuning and tweaking and learning and I think we'll get it done.

I plan to have the vinyl cut by my buddy someday soon, might not be until the weekend. But once it's cut I'll press it on and see how it goes. That's how I'll do the G6Performance URL and usernames and such.

I also did a second press with silicone paper to give it better adhesion and durability.

For all their products they recommend washing them inside out without bleach.

Eycman
11-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Alright, so this morning I did my first two heat transfers ever! I did it on a blank shirt I had laying around because I just had to see how it works. I also learned a ton about this. A little rough but I think it's getting there.
After printing on the paper, I have to heat transfer it onto another paper. I don't think I pressed it long enough before peeling them, but it did alright for the first time.

Then I finally pressed to the shirt. I think I peeled too early on the right side, so the left side I double pressed and peeled for a good result.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20121129_110937.jpg

Then I thought, oh I'll press it longer for the back, Not a good idea as I burned the shirt a little bit. So I think the best bet is a shorter press, but maybe do it twice or even three times to ensure it adheres well.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20121129_110922.jpg

So all in all it is definitely getting there! Just some more fine tuning and tweaking and learning and I think we'll get it done.

I plan to have the vinyl cut by my buddy someday soon, might not be until the weekend. But once it's cut I'll press it on and see how it goes. That's how I'll do the G6Performance URL and usernames and such.

I also did a second press with silicone paper to give it better adhesion and durability.

For all their products they recommend washing them inside out without bleach.

I'm liking it. Nice job so far. I think it was a good idea to start on a white shirt. Referring to the whole burning when pressing too long. White tend to be a tell all if something doesn't go write.

Anyways I'm loving it so far. When you planning tossing it in the wash to see how well it holds up? Take pics of it when you do. I would like to see the results.

monstORR
11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Loooks good! Im craving a hoodie though lol

CruisinG6
11-29-2012, 08:03 PM
They recommend waiting at least 24 hours before washing. It'll be soon too. I'm worried the outline of the car won't last, but the arrowhead on the front may be alright, That'll be done with vinyl anyways.

I'm just doing the shirts to get the technique down and figure everything out, Hoodies are on the list, no worries!

This was done with a laser printer. I'm worried that may not be the way to go with durability, so I think I may invest in a color inkjet printer, This will also open up more possibilities. But I've been reading people have far more better results with ink vs toner.

BUT it's all a learning process at the moment, it's getting there!

CruisinG6
12-10-2012, 08:46 AM
UPDATE TIME!

Ok so I finally got the vinyl cut, I have yet to wash the shirt to test durability, but I pressed the vinyl pieces to it with good results. I like how the vinyl works and I think that will be the primary method.

I don't think the transfer paper will last, because I used stuff made for a laser printer and toner just doesn't stay.

I did how ever successfully cut one intricate design (more intricate than the outlined G6) for a friend, and will be pressing his shirt Thursday morning, he's going to test the durability of the small intricate lines. I have a feeling it'll last a lot better than the transferred stuff.

I was also thinking of getting INK based transfer paper, and trying it with an ink jet printer, because it'll last on the shirt for much longer.

So as it stands I plan to press some more test shirts, I'm basically just going through all my useless clothes and pressing like crazy.

I'm going to try more and more designs with just the vinyl. Seeing as that will probably be the longest lasting media for this.

Eycman
12-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Sounds great. Got pics?

CruisinG6
12-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Yup! Was waiting for photobucket to let me upload them
Here's the front with the G6performance.com
My buddy kind of pushed me on the font.

It's the Ferrari font with something else making up the G6:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/11223344.jpg

The back I added my screen name. He talked me into this font as well, I figured why not since I'm just trying to figure out how it all works and such.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/112233.jpg

We had some issues while cutting so the C got a little messed up and so did the G on the front.

And as you can see, the outlined G6 looks worse off then before. I haven't even washed it yet and it's cracking and looking crappy already. So I'll have to find something better...

CruisinG6
12-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Also I was cutting vinyl to put all over my car for a road rally a mutual friend is throwing.
In the processes I made some G6Performance.com stickers to put under my door numbers, and my buddy had the idea to do a dual layer with a different color under it, Here's the result:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20121209_233551.jpg

Stregone1017
12-10-2012, 09:50 AM
That sticker looks great! nice job.

CruisinG6
12-11-2012, 09:24 PM
So I'm looking at getting more vinyl to try more designs and pressings.

Does anyone have any ideas on what Font I should try using?
You can check out dafont.com for a bunch of different styles and such.

Eycman
12-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Also I was cutting vinyl to put all over my car for a road rally a mutual friend is throwing.
In the processes I made some G6Performance.com stickers to put under my door numbers, and my buddy had the idea to do a dual layer with a different color under it, Here's the result:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20121209_233551.jpg

I want that sticker for a window decal.

CruisinG6
12-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Eycman, I'm sure we can figure something out :D

So I think I finally found a reliable source for blank t-shirts and hoodies.

What I need from all of you are some colors, What do you think would be the best combos. Like what color shirts or hoodies, and what color lettering and such. The possibilities are endless but I want to press some things and get them out for some testing and such.

CruisinG6
12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Alright everyone, due to the scheduling conflicts between my buddy and myself I decided to get my own machine for this vinyl work. I placed the order and am expecting it soon, this allows me to do it all without having to wait for anyone else, which can be a pain.
I ordered some more sample swatches with different patterns to see how they look and how it comes out:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/Second/20121218_181036_zps070abe4c.jpg

As you can see, I have some Metallic Red, White n Blue Camo, Green Glitter Flake, and some Gold Engine Turn, which will catch the light and look flashy at times.

I plan to cut those and see how they work out.
I think I finally decided on a site for blank shirts and hoodies, both zip-up and pullover.

At this point it doesn't seem beneficial to place a bulk order of blank clothing, But I can place the orders as people show interest.

If anyone wants to try a shirt let me know, Send me a PM and we can discuss the details.
Essentially what I need to know is what you want, A hoodie or a shirt, What base color, and what color lettering, along with what design of lettering. I can pretty much make anything your heart desires.

After receiving the PM with what you want, I can find the exact pieces and quote a price on what that would run. I'll pretty much just be looking to cover the cost of the materials for that shirt, Since this is a new venture for me I'm not really worried about profit just yet. I'm more worried about putting out a quality product that will withstand the normal use and not be a piece of garbage.
Because honestly, who wants to buy a shirt that won't last at all?

If no one is interested just yet that is fine, Once I receive my cutter I can cut more designs and ideas and press them all to that white shirt I showed earlier.
Obviously pictures of the finished product will help instill confidence in these shirts coming out very well.

ALSO! Any other ideas for designs of colors or anything else, please don't hesitate to post! I'm open to all ideas, Since I'm getting my own cutter I'll try and cut ANYTHING, unlike my friend who doesn't believe in possibilities, haha

I liked Lampoons idea with the tire treads, but I recently came up with an idea of a G6 somewhat skidding sideways with smoke wisps coming off the back. I plan to draw up more ideas once I get a little more free time.

justeric78
12-22-2012, 09:14 PM
If you need some funds to help with raw material costs through R&D let me know and id be happy to donate some. I would love something made up when you feel good about the product but dont want it to die before you get there. If it gets to that point just post and im sure others would feel the same as I.

CruisinG6
12-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Funds aren't really that big an issue for R&D I can get shirts and hoodies one at a time and do some test batches that way.
Would you guys feel better about it if I made a few first, then offered them for sale, complete with pics and all?

Since I'm just waiting on the cutter to come in, I can cut some of these designs with the vinyl I have now and press them to the shirt I have to see how it lasts. I put that shirt I pictured above through some test paces already, the transfer method I used for the car outline doesn't look like it'll last, but the vinyl looks pretty durable and sits through the washer and dryer pretty well.

I plan to cut out the G6 outline and other designs with the vinyl as well to see how it comes out and sits.

Once the plotter comes in I'll press a bunch more stuff to that one shirt, take pics, and post for all of you to see.

I don't just want to collect money for R&D without giving you guys something in return. Maybe it'll work out better if I press a few first then see where it goes.

One reason I'm leaning far towards this vinyl work is because my buddy got a bunch of vinyl pressed shirts and hoodies made for his business, and so far they've been lasting through quite a bit of abuse (he does wheel repair, so they see a lot of sanding dust and washing cycles)

justeric78
12-22-2012, 10:05 PM
sending you a PM

Eycman
12-23-2012, 02:33 AM
Eycman, I'm sure we can figure something out :D

So I think I finally found a reliable source for blank t-shirts and hoodies.

What I need from all of you are some colors, What do you think would be the best combos. Like what color shirts or hoodies, and what color lettering and such. The possibilities are endless but I want to press some things and get them out for some testing and such.

Sorry man been hitting and missing the site lately due to shit happening at work. with the holiday season here I have been having a lot of inmates either threatening to commit suicide, attempting suicide, or attempting to cut me each time I go to count. looks good so far what kind of cutter did you order and did it come with any pc software to use for design ideas?

CruisinG6
12-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I got the same graphtec cutter my friend purchased, it's a smaller 12" cutter but should be plenty for what I need.
and it does come with software for vector drawings and such, What's really nice is pretty much anything I do in photoshop can be worked into that program to make it all work and come together.

Also I know we're getting close to these getting out, I'm still a little on the fence with the fonts I used for my test shirt. I want something that looks good yet compliments nicely with each other.
I'll see if I can do a bunch of test fonts and post them to see what you guys think.

Also Ecyman I'm sorry you have to deal with all that crap, hopefully nothing too serious goes down and puts a damper your holidays

CruisinG6
01-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Alright, sorry for the long wait. the hard drive failed in my laptop and I lost nearly everything. I've been slowly rebuilding everything to get back to running, Primarily software. I've already replaced everything else on this laptop, about time the hard drive went. ha
I finally got some cuts done and have been gauging everything. I don't think the original idea would last very long on a shirt, Though there is still the ink transfer method I could try.
But with vinyl I think I can weed it different and press the full pieces to the shirt, they'll be bigger and hopefully last on the clothes longer.
Here's a sample sheet I just cut:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20130110_045124_zpsc63f58fe.jpg
(This is missing a few pieces because I was weeding it a little too fast)

So with it cut out like that you get the outline of the car, but instead of ONLY the outlines, you get all the panels. I can tweak it any way to see fit.

What do you guys think of doing it this way??

I did do a test press to a shirt with the gold turned vinyl, Looks alright but I won't be using that vinyl design on a light colored shirt again. ha

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20130104_074542_zps5e2fadaf.jpg\

Also I can weed it out how I'd like, Here's two thoughts...
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/ExtraWeeded_zps869136fc.jpg

What do you guys think??

crownee
01-12-2013, 10:44 PM
looks just like your car..

CruisinG6
01-13-2013, 06:44 AM
That's by design, just for mock up purposes. Its actually the first picture in my sig, haha. I don't plan on using my car for the shirts and hoodies that go out.

crownee
01-13-2013, 12:07 PM
well i do like what your doing for sure. as long as the car you put on there will satisfy all then im ok with it.

CruisinG6
01-13-2013, 10:37 PM
The plan is to have a design for each G6 model, different bumper styles, sedan, coupe, convertible. This won't be a one shot run where a bulk order is placed. Each shirt will be made to order to allow for customization and to match the style with the car you have.

monstORR
01-13-2013, 11:21 PM
I mess with this harddddd. I still want a pullover.

CruisinG6
01-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Then you'll be happy to hear I found a suitable source for pull over hoodies. Thing is I'm not sure what is heavier and what's lighter. I guess I'll have to buy some and find out :D

monstORR
01-13-2013, 11:28 PM
omgeeee yesss! what kinda setup are gonna be done to em?!

CruisinG6
01-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Pretty much what's been previously posted. The front will have the Pontiac Arrowhead over the Right Peck. and on the Left it'll have the G6Performance.com along with anything custom wanted, like username or whatever.

The back would have a large G6 designed to match the style of the one you drive. Along with your Username in large letters, or whatever else.

It's pretty open for anyone to have them personalized, Since I can take care of it all I can give you what you want. Hopefully :D

I should get around to drawing up some more solid templates to give a better illustration....

CruisinG6
01-15-2013, 08:52 AM
I just pressed another shirt using the red metallic vinyl I had. Another test shot, I was a little crooked and I think I put the car too low on the back, But that's the whole reason for these test shirts.
Now I know to cut the lettering the way it'll sit so I don't have to position them separately.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20130115_074432_zps04f856fb.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20130115_074500_zps986911a3.jpg

And a close up...
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20130115_074511_zpscba112f3.jpg

The flash from the camera makes the metallic look different in the picture. But it looks pretty good.
I'm honestly don't think I'll be working with the metallic though, apparently they recommend you hand wash it. Who want's to do that!
There are other alternatives out there though, don't worry!

monstORR
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
I diggg! question though, where the pontiac sign is ever thought about putting the template of the car there and a big ass pontiac symbol on the back?

CruisinG6
01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
I've thought about a smaller Pontiac template over the G6P.com and a larger one on the back...

But I do like that idea, A smaller G6 on the front, and a large pontiac symbol on the back, I think the next shirt I press will be done in that fashion to get an idea for it.

I only have glitter flake green and a blue/white camo left. so It'll be interesting, haha

CruisinG6
01-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Alright, another update. I got myself a color printer that uses pigment inks, they last a lot longer and are less likely to fade or bleed while washing. Now I found out my printer can be used as a sublimation printer. This is nice because I can print onto these sublimation sheets and then heat transfer that onto a shirt, or mug, or iphone case..... Thing is that's pricey. Maybe down the road I can expand :D

So far though good headway is being made. I've been doing a lot of print and transfer designs to see if I can get a good traced G6 without a lot of cluttered vinyl.

Eycman
01-28-2013, 12:53 PM
CruisinG6 when ever your ready to print up a black on red shirt to see how it does with wear and tear let me know. I am looking for a GXP setup.

I am kind of looking for a look like this. Only difference is that it would be my User name Eycman would be above G6Performance.com on the front. What do you think?

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/stuff/th_G6PShirtFront2.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/stuff/?action=view&current=G6PShirtFront2.jpg) http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/stuff/th_G6PShirtBack2.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/stuff/?action=view&current=G6PShirtBack2.jpg)

I tend to wear mostly pull over hoodies or long sleeve shirts like in the the picture above so I'll probably be looking for that as well until summer rolls in.

CruisinG6
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Looks like a solid idea, PM'd about details.

G6KinG19
01-29-2013, 12:16 PM
i was wondering if you can make me a red decal saying "G6Staysmoking" for my car, like a cool design

CruisinG6
01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Possibly...

fuzzchop
01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
can i get a aura on one lol..

CruisinG6
01-31-2013, 01:24 PM
I should probably start a custom requests thread or something. Maybe have to come up with a business name and end up being a supporting vendor... ha

fuzzchop I'm sure we can arrange something.

fuzzchop
02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
well that would be cool if we could. then i know ill buy 3 or more for sure! just let me know.

CruisinG6
03-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Hey guys, sorry for the long wait.
I know I've talked to some of you already for some preliminary shirt orders.
Have no fear things are rolling.
Right now I'm just really being held back by my lack of a proper work space.
I've done a couple shirts here and there and it's such a big ordeal to have to keep moving everything around.

So I've been moving things around, making room here and there for a proper work space. Really I'm just waiting on paydays to come around so I can finish getting everything I need. Such as the right size counter top for all my cutting and working. I've also decided to get a better commercial grade heat press so I can more accurately dial in my pressure and temperature, It really does seem to make a difference. That one gray shirt I posted with the outlined G6 on the bottom has been through probably a dozen washes now, Some without it even being turned inside out. And I have no cracks or any lines peeling so far.

CruisinG6
03-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Another update!

I should be receiving my much better quality heat press today :D

Also remember that shirt I pressed with the outlined G6 all in vinyl?
Well here's a shot of it after a bunch of washes, This has to be like 20 washes in by now.
I've also been abusing this shirt. I tuck it in all the time so the artwork gets plenty of abuse.
I also did the last handful of washes without it being inside out to try and worsen the wear.
And well there are some small cracks here and there... but you tell me!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/XGamesJ6/20130329_054801_zpsf9033c73.jpg

On another note. I finally decided on a company name (kinda still don't like it, but oh well)
and I'll be becoming a vendor on here soon.
This way it's all legit, and you guys can hopefully put your trust in me to deliver a product.

I tried to keep the name vague enough so I wasn't limited to just vinyl work and clothing. Since I plan to produce more products down the road...
But we'll get in to that when that time comes and I have my own vendor thread :D

G_KITT_6
03-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Im down for some t-s and hoodies also. But need them to be black and red. And would like it personalized G_KITT_6

RedBullADDICT
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
i totally want a couple of shits and maybe a hoodie, can you do zip up hoodies?

Lampoon
03-29-2013, 10:25 AM
How about a Name the business contest w/a free shirt to the winner! ;)

RedBullADDICT
03-29-2013, 10:31 AM
How about a Name the business contest w/a free shirt to the winner! ;)

:agreed: what a pro idea :woot:

CruisinG6
03-30-2013, 06:43 AM
Pls. save your orders until I actually become a vendor :D

As for the name my business contest... it is a valid idea, I already made a facebook for it, but like it's hard to change it or make a new one. haha

Hmm. how should we go about doing that.
ha I'll gladly press out a shirt for the winner...

As it stands, It is currently Casual Customs Inc.... The inc doesn't stand for incorporated, i just put it in so I can call it "CCI" haha
But on my way home this morning, I thought about calling it JAM Tech, or JAM Technologies.... because my initials are J.A.M. But I don't want to bite what BMD has done... haha

I know JDog mentioned Cruisin's Customs once in a PM...
But I just don't know what I like. haha

I'm happy to entertain some ideas!

Eycman
04-01-2013, 01:23 PM
You can still use the CCI - Cruisin's Customs Inc.

SWAYD3
04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
I like JAM Tech, sounds pretty sweet.

CruisinG6
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
You can still use the CCI - Cruisin's Customs Inc.

I thought about that, I didn't want to tie it to the G6 only, but just because it's my screen name doesn't really tie me down.
I was also thinking about future endeavors. I'm thinking of making it all legit at some point and hopefully roll out with a line of products for various vehicles...

I like JAM Tech, sounds pretty sweet.

I like that too, but There's a school with that name, as well as some other foundations and companies. So I wonder how that'll go over. ha
I guess it's all in the research

RedBullADDICT
04-01-2013, 11:19 PM

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/th_G6PTShirt3.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/BrandanEakins/Random%20Pics/?action=viewĄt=G6PTShirt3.jpg)

I like the g6 line-up idea a lot.

RedBullADDICT
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
oh and cruisin I like CCI more than jam tech =X I think it sounds a little more.. flashy.. lol

SWAYD3
04-02-2013, 12:24 AM
I like that too, but There's a school with that name, as well as some other foundations and companies. So I wonder how that'll go over. ha
I guess it's all in the research

Well you can be the new and improved JAM Tech ha, I like them but like you said you will have to look up and see whats gonna be the best name in the long run.

CruisinG6
04-02-2013, 06:43 AM
I like the g6 line-up idea a lot.
Yea that is a good one, maybe at a meet I'll try to organize a few line up shots specifically for some shirts.

I'm still on the fence with the other names,

Anyone with any other ideas? ha

Aaronglity
09-15-2017, 10:13 AM
How do people find the alignment for the exhaust side of things with one of these?