Eycman's Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eycman's Intro

So I have been on this site for a while talking about mods and what not. Then when I actually get around to doing something to my 6 I realize that I have never created my own progression thread. I guess I got this site confused with G6OwnersClub. Oh well it happens. So I guess I had better introduce myself here then.

My name is Brandan. <---yeah I know its spelled wrong. Blame that on the doc they couldn't tell the difference between his O's and A's so I got stuck with two A's. LOL

Anyways I am from a really small town in Oklahoma called Duke. I joined the Air Force to get away and ended up coming back to Altus AFB, OK only 14 miles from home. LMAO!!! During my 8 years in the Air Force my main job was to be a Computer Technician. I got bored doing that so I volunteered several times for deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. I spent almost 4.5 years total deployed before fate caught up with me.

I was deployed my last time in 2006 in attempts of getting my enlistment extended enough to get the AF to allow me to reenlist. This deployment wasn’t anything out of the ordinary I was doing convoys and getting shot at just the same as my other deployments. This time however the unit I got assigned to was in charge of Humanitarian Aide and Reconstruction Aide which left us sitting still for long periods of time during meetings with Provincial leadership.

Unfortunately like I said fate caught up with me for the first time on June 2006. My unit was standing guard outside a district center with the vehicles when we started taking a fire from a crowd across the street. My luck ran out with the first shot being fired through my left arm and the second hit me square in the chest hitting the plate in my IBA vest knocking me flat on my A$$. Don't remember much after that point besides thinking what a pretty clear blue sky.

In July 2006 during a parade I was stabbed by a seven year old boy that was disgruntled at the US for being there. In September 2006 the windshield in front of my steering wheel on my HUMMV was hit be a RPG. I was med-evaced back stateside after this one with a good list of injuries to boot.

So after getting injured three times in a short period of time the AF decided it was in my best interest to not allow me to reenlist. In November 2007 I was Retired from the Air Force instead of being allowed to reenlist.

So since I could no longer be deployed I had to find a new hobby. I figured playing around with my car would be a good safe way to go. That’s when I found this site along with a few others looking for ideas.

I started working as a Corrections Officer at a local prison so I eventually stopped visiting the site.

I had thought about modifying my G6 a few times over the past few years but each time I had money saved up for a mod something would happen to the car. In 2009 someone mistook my G6 for their ex-boyfriends and keyed it and smashed the windows out. In early 2010 I was at a store in Oklahoma City after the ICE storm came through and an elderly woman lost control of her car and slammed into mine causing the front end to be replaced.

After getting my G6 out of the front end shop I parked it in front of my apartment and started driving my truck for a few months figuring that it was just that I had completely ran out of luck. Well in May 2010 someone in my apartment complex decided she was going to back out of the parking spot and into my car.

This past March I was in Oklahoma City again and got T-Boned by someone trying to take an off ramp at 70 from the far left lane. Completely tore up the driver’s side of my G6. I just got it back out of the shop and so far it runs like new.
    Last edited by Eycman; 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM.
    Why is Divorce so expensive? Because the Hitman won't take Plastic.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Re: Eycman's G6 Progression

Sounds like Murphy's law follows you closely and erily similar to Final Destination so add performance tires and brakes to the mod list!!
    WAMS 91 tune,
    Racingline MMI's
    Chrome Intakes CAI (custom true ram air to come)
    35% side tint, 20% rear, 5% strip
    Debadged except GXP emblems
    Tinted tails
    Spyder tinted lights (complete rebuild + 4 projectors in design stage)
    DDM 5k HID Low's
    Polk 5000.5 amp, 12" Polk DXI sub, Pioneer 4way 6x9's. (complete system replacement soon)

Comment

Re: Eycman's G6 Progression

Originally posted by Rcb2875 View Post
      Sounds like Murphy's law follows you closely and erily similar to Final Destination so add performance tires and brakes to the mod list!!
      That's defiantly true for sure.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Re: Eycman's Intro

Welcome to the site.

Comment

Re: Eycman's Intro

Originally posted by T.Turtles G6 GT View Post
          Welcome to the site.
          Thanks....I just recently realized that I never introduced myself. Go figure right.
          Last edited by Eycman; 10-22-2012, 06:04 AM.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Working...
          X